Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error using auCDTect (Read 10180 times) previous topic - next topic

Error using auCDTect

auCDtect Task Manager used to work okay but now just reports ERROR on every/any file. I googled for a fix and found a page saying ti fix it do a System restore. I'm a bit dubious about this as nothing else is wrong and the problem exists on 2 different computers. I tried to download a new copy but that wouldn't work at all. Does anyone know what might be the problem ? if you have it working ok cN I check my paths /files in case somethings missing?  Thanks.

Re: Error using auCDTect

Reply #1
The program was written for older operative systems. On Windows 10 for example if you meet the status error, run as administrator. It you do not run it as administrator it starts giving errors somehow.

Re: Error using auCDTect

Reply #2
1) Program does not delete wav files, created in temp folder. I have Windows 8.1 x64 Pro. All users have all rights on temp folder and files in it
2) I looked, it takes 6-7 seconds to analyze the spectrogram, when the file analysis reaches 100%, a .tmp file appears - this analyzes an unnecessary spectrogram, then the file disappears and the conclusion appears. A lot of time is spent on this spectrograph. Now I analyze 5000 tracks, 4 tracks at the same time, it turns out 35,000/4 almost 9000 seconds are spent on an extra process, this is almost 2.5 hours.

This needs to be cut out somehow, disable spectrogram alalyse:

Code: [Select]
Spectrogram processing...

Commandline: C:\PROGRA~3\AUCDTE~1\SOX\SOX.EXE "m:\AU\au_E1A3.wav" -n spectrogram -x 500 -Y 275 -w Hann -S 0 -t " " -c " " -o "m:\AU\409E.tmp"

Spectrogram postprocessing...

Ok