Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2035137 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2900
I think what's happening here is you are limiting it to return only 5 results from fanart.tv, and then also filtering it to only show "Front" covers. So if the other Front covers aren't part of the first 5 returned, then they won't be available. Try increasing the limit to 10.
 I never searched for anything else but front covers. I've now increased the number up to ten and now the rest appears. But that still makes no sense.

Reply #2901
The limit on result count is applied before it restricts it to specific image types.

Reply #2902
Hey guys!

I'm trying to learn how to properly use AAD, but the wiki link is dead so I'll ask here.

a) I want to save every cover as albumart.jpg in the album folder, respecting the directory structure I use.
b) I want AAD to choose the best fitting image and save it automatically, so I don't have to click through hundreds of windows.

How can I properly do these things? If I can pull it off, I'll actually donate something :D.

Reply #2903
Yeah, the wiki got killed by sourceforge, unfortunately. To change the filename to save as, in the Folder Browser window click Options, then in the "Specify path to find images" box, put "albumart.jpg" (or "albumart.%extension%" if you want it to obey the correct filetype extension if the image isn't a jpg).

You can't get AAD to choose a "best" image, but you can have it choose the first one that meets the requirements. To do this, do one manual search first and make sure you have the sources that you want selected, along with any options for filtering by size or by cover type. Once you've closed that window those will be the defaults for subsequent searches.

Then, back in the File Browser window, under Options, select "Automatically download and save the first result that meets set criteria", select a bunch of albums (you can use the "Select all albums with missing artwork" if you like) and then hit the "Get Artwork for Selection" button.

Personally, I find "Automatic" works best with a very small set of reliable sources selected; I'd rather it simply left it as missing than put in an incorrect artwork, but you might have different priorities.

Reply #2904
Thanks Alex, trying it now.

Does Discdogs search work? I tried selecting only Discdogs are source, and "limit search to one result", which I suppose would pick the first image, but I get "not found" for every album, even popular ones.

Reply #2905
Discogs v0.19 is working for me. Check that you can actually find the thing you are looking for on the discogs website directly. If so, please give me an example so I can investigate.

Reply #2906
I updated my gracenote script.
Please replace gnClientID and gnUserID with yours before use.
Thanks.

Reply #2907
Alex, here's an example: https://imgur.com/a/lBxv0z4. The moment I select last.fm, for example, the image is found immediately.

Reply #2908
Try checking the "Unknown" box in the "Filter by cover types" group in the options. Discogs doesn't tag the results with what type they are, so they all come back as unknown.

Reply #2909
Thank yooouuu, finally managed to get it working! Sending a little something your way :).

Reply #2910
Hello
I have tons of Albums on a network share. The goal is
1. Batch download covers (Filename cover.png or jpg), without interaction
2. Either with Mp3tag or Foobar
3. If I do so with File Browse in AAD it does not recognise the share
How should the syntax of commands do have to look like for Mp3tag or Foobar.
Thank you
Heinrich12

Reply #2911
There's no reason it shouldn't work on a network share, the path should just be of the form "\\ServerName\Path". Or you can use the browse button to browse to the share and select it.

If it's really not working, consider temporarily creating a mapped network drive for the share and see if that helps.

Reply #2912
I wonder if it's possible to copy source URL of selected cover from search results?

Reply #2913
hello can I save the album art only with jpeg baseline format.because my player support only this format

Reply #2914
hello can I save the album art only with jpeg baseline format.because my player support only this format
Album Art Downloader doesn't do any image processing, it just saves the file as it is provided by the source. If you want to re-encode (or resize, or anything else) you need some image processing software, sorry.

Reply #2915
I have the 'foo_comserver 2'  in my Components page, but when I try to use the Foobar browser in Album Art Downloader I am told that 'could not connect to foobar', and under 'foobar status' it says 'foobar200 COM Automation Server must be installed before the Foobar2000 library can be accessed' but I believe I have installed it.

Where have I gone wrong please?

Mitch

Reply #2916
Hmm... is the foo_comserver even compatible with Foobar any more? I thought they abandoned it after 0.9... If it still works with current foobar, then running the installer should register it and allow AAD to access it. If not, probably easiest to just use the file browser.

Reply #2917
Alex,

thanks - the foo_conserver2 is definitely in my components page - but I cannot get ADD to recognise it so it looks like I will have to proceed as you suggest, unless anyone else has found a way round it

regards
Mitch

Reply #2919
Album Art Downloader is a great software, I have at least 20 hours of use with it...!!

I noticed that DEEZER images are not showing anymore
It was a great source for album covers

Any idea why ?

Reply #2920
I noticed that DEEZER images are not showing anymore
Seems to be working for me. What were you searching for? Does it work if you search on the Deezer website?

Reply #2921
@AlexVallat
I never go on the Deezer website
I don't like cell phones

I tried to test with album covers I previously took on Deezer (using Album Art Downloader)and there is no more Deezer results anymore
I tried if there is an update, no update

Reply #2923
@kode54

I thought it is a phone app., apparently it isn't.

Deezer still not working on Album Art Downloader

Reply #2924
It is a multi-platform service, and many of those just happen to have phone apps, but often also have web sites, and sometimes even desktop players, which are frequently built with Electron.