Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.

Poll

What is the more accurate title for the Pink Floyd album?

"The Dark Side of the Moon"
[ 6 ] (40%)
"Dark Side of the Moon"
[ 9 ] (60%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Topic: The Dark Side of the "The" (Read 3161 times) previous topic - next topic

The Dark Side of the "The"

My CD has the former on the front and the latter on the spine.  I've looked at many website discographies as well as the official Pink Floyd site and no one seems to agree.  Regardless of the usual "the" issue in regards to tags and filenames and play-lists, which title did the band intend?

The Dark Side of the "The"

Reply #1
According to "The Complete Guide to the Music of Pink Floyd" by Andy Mabbett, original name was "The Dark Side Of The Moon", then Pink Floyd had to rename it to "Eclipse", because there already was such a disc.
Then they renamed it back to "The Dark Side Of The Moon" (which was also the title used on CD), but they dropped "the" shortly afterwards. So I believe the more accurate title is "Dark side..."

Note, that I'm not a "floydian". Just like their music