Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: auto start track (Read 3097 times) previous topic - next topic

auto start track

Hi

sorry for the probably pretty basic question , but i am new to foobar

when double clicking a file (mp3) in windows explorer it starts in foobar but in "stopped" modus , how do i get it to start playing automatically ?
for the rest settings are pretty basic , i have it on shuffle play , version 1.1.6

thx

auto start track

Reply #1
right-click and select "play in foobar2000" and it will start playing.

This also works for an entire folder of songs.

Just tested it here...

edit: sorry, correction! Double-clicking does work too if you go to:

File > Preferences > Shell Integration and uncheck "set "Enqueue" as the default action".

Dennis

auto start track

Reply #2
thx ! that works !

also have a problem , right click a folder does not have the option enqueue ? , now have to go via file - add folder

auto start track

Reply #3
See if File > Preferences > Shell Integration has "Folder context menus" checked.

auto start track

Reply #4
yes it is checked , there is already vlc and windows media player there , one of these might hold foobar from appearing there ?

auto start track

Reply #5
I'm on Vista, and under:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults >

I have it set it to "Custom" and "use my current media player".

You might try that

auto start track

Reply #6
I'm on Vista, and under:

Control Panel > Programs > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults >

I have it set it to "Custom" and "use my current media player".

You might try that

i'm on W7 and those are my settings as well, even set foobar as my default media player under "set your default programs"
but still no enqueue option for foobar on right click folder