Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to make time synchronization in PEAQ (Read 5163 times) previous topic - next topic

How to make time synchronization in PEAQ

the basic version of PEAQ (c langue)offered by McGill University can work in my pc, but i don't know how to make Test and the Reference Signal time aligned, is there anyone have done it? when i used keyword "time synchronization " or "audio synchronization" to search papers from database, seems not find information but it? anyone have materials about  synchronization mechanism before PEAQ, please let me know
Thanks a lot

Reply #1
the basic version of PEAQ (c langue)offered by McGill University can work in my pc, but i don't know how to make Test and the Reference Signal time aligned, is there anyone have done it? when i used keyword "time synchronization " or "audio synchronization" to search papers from database, seems not find information but it? anyone have materials about  synchronization mechanism before PEAQ, please let me know
Thanks a lot

No one answer this question? I also face to this, and the Recommendation didn't give the description about the time synchronization. Anyone can help us? Thanks very much.

Reply #2
Seems PESQ standard gives how to make time alignment in speech audio.
this paper called "Perceptual evaluation of speech quality (PESQ), the new ITU standard for end-to-end speech quality assessment Part I-time alignment " give a algorithm about time aligned between reference and test speech audio, little difference with PEAQ time alignment.
but i can't find this paper in our school database. can you get this paper?

Moderation: Invitation for TOS9 violation removed.

Reply #3
So far, i just know one paper talked about time alignment in PESQ but no papers have a same topic in PEAQ.
Does anyone have this knowledge? or have some reference papers?

Reply #4
So far, i just know one paper talked about time alignment in PESQ but no papers have a same topic in PEAQ.
Does anyone have this knowledge? or have some reference papers?

Did you receive my e-mail, in which that paper is attached. However, I don't know if the time alignment in PESQ is available in PEAQ.

Reply #5
Did you receive my e-mail, in which that paper is attached. However, I don't know if the time alignment in PESQ is available in PEAQ.
[/quote]

Yes, i received the email attached the paper.Thanks a lot !  Although time alignment in PESQ is fouced on speech, i think the  Crude delay estimation used in PESQ can be used in PEAQ. Sure it is not accurate to make a judge, at least we can know a close range which is near to the accurate location. After this we can make the second judge, make some changes on time alignment algorithm used in PESQ. what do you think about the idea?