Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HORRIBLE clipping on Frances the Mute - my CD drive, EAC, or the maste (Read 10762 times) previous topic - next topic

HORRIBLE clipping on Frances the Mute - my CD drive, EAC, or the maste

Reply #25
Yes, what I did is likely the placebo effect, but I am sharing my placebo effect as it, at least, helped me

And, fandango, it hurts my ears.

EDIT:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHHHHH!!!!!

The other major obstacle is the corrupted error-correction data. Again, the effect of this is dependent on the disc drive; some drives will be able to read the data without problems, but others will produce audio files with loud pops every few seconds. -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copy_Control

We have found our culprit. Any suggestions for getting round this?
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)

Reply #26
Judging from the samples you posted, there aren't any errors from copy protection. These will sound like a scratched CD, and EAC will tell you there were errors when you rip it. The discs are simply clipped (like most today), and there's nothing that can be done.

Reply #27
It reported no errors, and I have some other CDs that do it too, and from my brief analysis they're copy protected too. :/
err... i'm not using windows any more ;)