Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: HDCD Decoder (Read 329962 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: HDCD Decoder

Reply #525
Hi, I have a couple of requests:
- Can you provide an option just to detect HDCD (and not decode)?
- Would it be possible for the decoder to at least detect HDCD in a raw LPCM input (so not contained in one of the supported file formats), such as provided by the foo_record plugin & the foo_upnp plugin's UPnP renderer when streaming L16?

Reply #527
Sorry, looks like you misunderstood me. I meant just auto detect HDCD, ie, where the HDCD status variable gets set (to 'yes') - I'm using the provided %__hdcd% field to flag HDCD presence in the current played audio (in fb2k's status bar). 

Reply #529
Plain compile with x64. No alterations done.
That and they listed a patreon list. But "patreon.h" is now missing from their original repo.

Reply #530
Plain compile with x64. No alterations done.
That and they listed a patreon list. But "patreon.h" is now missing from their original repo.

Thank you very much!!!!!

Reply #531
Hello! I'm looking for foo_hdcd.dll v1.16. Maybe you can help me with it. I need only this version to test. I am now using v1.15 and it plays correctly all HDCDs.
From v1.17-v1.20 there is a bug when playing cue files in foobar if the HDCD disc have some tracks that are not encoded with HDCD.

Please check this HDCD Sampler Volume 2 (1995). This is the best test disc to check HDCD decoding and the difference in quality with or without HDCD technology. See the back side of CD for info.

X

Tracks 1-9 are HDCD.
Tracks 11, 13, 15 are HDCD, but they play incorrectly, without HDCD decoding.
Tracks 10, 12, 14 are not HDCD, but they starts to play incorrectly as HDCD, then switch off HDCD decoding after 5 seconds.
Scanner also detects this tracks 10-15 incorrectly

If i play the same tracks not from the beginning but in the middle of the track, it plays correctly.
If i split this cue file in to separate tracks, they play correctly.
If i use foo_hdcd.dll v1.15 this disc also play correctly and the Scanner shows correct info.
So the problem is only with foo_hdcd.dll v1.17-v1.20 when playing HDCD with cue playlist.

By the way, i found the same problem reported by another user:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,79427.msg1010098.html#msg1010098

MOD edit: Link removed TOS9
MOD edit 2: added referenced image of back

Reply #532
@mudlord
Could you possibly make this into a component file for easy install? not sure where to put this dll

EDIT:  just stuck in components folder but it would still be nice so its more  inline with others?

Reply #534
@mudlord
Could you possibly make this into a component file for easy install? not sure where to put this dll

EDIT:  just stuck in components folder but it would still be nice so its more  inline with others?

Would make sense to do a compile then for x86 while I'm at it and bundle the x64 component, I guess.

Reply #535
@mudlord
Mudlord, could you please compile foo_hdcd v1.15 for foobar2000 v2.0 x64?
Because it's the last usable version of all.

MOD edit: fix mention

Reply #536
kode54 yeeted all his stuff from orbit, so thats impossible.

Reply #538
Is there a simple way to let a HDCD tag control what is passed on to ffmpeg -af hdcd for playback?
Tag - no. But it is possible by using double extension like *.hdcd.flac and setting appropriate decoder priority for foo_input_ffmpeg over built-in FLAC decoder. Also disable_autoconvert=0 must be used to work with foo_input_ffmpeg: -af "hdcd=disable_autoconvert=0"

Reply #539
kode54 yeeted all his stuff from orbit, so thats impossible.

Could you be so kind to attach source code that you have for the last version foo_hdcd 1.20 ?
So that anyone else can fix the bugs in it.
Thanks!