Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_loudness_peakmeter (Read 20172 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_loudness_peakmeter

I have created a new component for default and columns UI to measure and visualise loudness and sample peak.
The component also displays true peak. I need the component to monitor my self-mixed songs.

Download: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123953.0.html

Re: foo_loudness_peakmeter

Reply #1
Oh heck yeah! This is really nice!

Does it calculate based on the raw file, or after the DSP chain?
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #2
Nice work!  Any chance of a 64-bit version of this so it can be used in the 64-bit v2 Foobar, which is desperately in need of spectrum-type metering plugins?

Also, any possibility of adding an option for a single spectrum display as opposed to only separate L/R ?

Reply #3
very good!
wagner reatto

Reply #4
Given the discussions about foo_dynamic_range, e.g. here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123905.0.html
... is it possible to implement that functionality and finally get that old component obsoleted?

Writing as log or even to tags <DYNAMIC RANGE> and <ALBUM DYNAMIC RANGE>, with some kind of grouping to get "album". I'm sure you will get enough suggestions if you even indicate a "maybe", but the safest might be to use the same grouping as fb2k uses to calculate RG album gain / peak.

Reply #5
Would be great is you could make a v2 x64 version of the component also.

Reply #6
Oh heck yeah! This is really nice!

Does it calculate based on the raw file, or after the DSP chain?
Thanks, the component uses the visualisation manager stream. So calculation starts after the DSP chain.

Reply #7
Nice work!  Any chance of a 64-bit version of this so it can be used in the 64-bit v2 Foobar, which is desperately in need of spectrum-type metering plugins?
Thanks, i have build an x64 variant, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. I even can't get foobar2000 v2.0 beta 31 to work on my Windows  PC. Playing songs doesn't work- independently from the choosen device. So I have to wait for a new beta version.

Also, any possibility of adding an option for a single spectrum display as opposed to only separate L/R ?
Yes, I will realize a "single spectrum view". The advantage is the higher resolution.  

Reply #8
Given the discussions about foo_dynamic_range, e.g. here: https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,123905.0.html
... is it possible to implement that functionality and finally get that old component obsoleted?

Writing as log or even to tags <DYNAMIC RANGE> and <ALBUM DYNAMIC RANGE>, with some kind of grouping to get "album". I'm sure you will get enough suggestions if you even indicate a "maybe", but the safest might be to use the same grouping as fb2k uses to calculate RG album gain / peak.
Sorry, but something like that is not planned. It's only a visualisation component. Writing of logs or creation of tags should be done by other components.

Reply #9
Thanks, i have build an x64 variant, but unfortunately I can't get it to work. I even can't get foobar2000 v2.0 beta 31 to work on my Windows  PC. Playing songs doesn't work- independently from the choosen device. So I have to wait for a new beta version.

Yes, I will realize a "single spectrum view". The advantage is the higher resolution.
Thanks for your reply--glad to see you will be doing a single spectrum view!

Sorry about the problems with the 64-bit version.  If you care to upload what you have, I have a problem-free  Beta 31, 64-bit Foobar v2 I would love to test it on.  If it ends up working, at least you would know the problems aren't related to the plugin but to your Beta 31 Foobar environment.

Good luck with it and thanks for sharing your work on the forum.

Reply #11
Very good component, but “UI Theme Integration” not effective,The color configuration cannot be displayed correctly according to the UI interface color,Always display the colors in the option settings

Reply #12

Thanks for your reply--glad to see you will be doing a single spectrum view!

Sorry about the problems with the 64-bit version.  If you care to upload what you have, I have a problem-free  Beta 31, 64-bit Foobar v2 I would love to test it on.  If it ends up working, at least you would know the problems aren't related to the plugin but to your Beta 31 Foobar environment.

Good luck with it and thanks for sharing your work on the forum.
Thanks! I could get it to work, Peter helped me. So I was able to test my X64-Builds. First X64-Version 0.2.0.0 is available for download :-)

Reply #13
Very good component, but “UI Theme Integration” not effective,The color configuration cannot be displayed correctly according to the UI interface color,Always display the colors in the option settings
Thanks for the hint. UI Theme Integration is now part of the new released version 0.2.0.0 (x86 +x64). 

Reply #14
Thanks for the x64 version!  I noticed that both the x64 and x86 0.2 versions don't seem to handle smaller window resizing as well as .12 did;  they have the tendency to cut off the tops of both the left edge Integrated number and the right edge 3db number that are properly handled by .12.  I am using a 125% display Windows 10 desktop.  Not sure if this is an expected result of the processing correction for large peaks.

Reply #15
Thanks for the hint. UI Theme Integration is now part of the new released version 0.2.0.0 (x86 +x64).
Thank you very much for your improvement, but it seems that only the background color and some font colors have been changed. If in lake light color mode, the display effect is not ideal. Of course, only four colors are available for the theme color. Can you consider using blendColors, which will show amazing results. Like foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer component integrates display effects using UI themes. Suggestion only, thank you!

Reply #17
Thanks for the x64 version!  I noticed that both the x64 and x86 0.2 versions don't seem to handle smaller window resizing as well as .12 did;  they have the tendency to cut off the tops of both the left edge Integrated number and the right edge 3db number that are properly handled by .12.  I am using a 125% display Windows 10 desktop.  Not sure if this is an expected result of the processing correction for large peaks.
Thanks for testing. Yes, you are right. The new released version 0.2.1.0 should now work as expected.

Reply #18
Thank you very much for your improvement, but it seems that only the background color and some font colors have been changed. If in lake light color mode, the display effect is not ideal. Of course, only four colors are available for the theme color. Can you consider using blendColors, which will show amazing results. Like foo_enhanced_spectrum_analyzer component integrates display effects using UI themes. Suggestion only, thank you!
OK, I enhanced the integration of the Default UI colors in component version 0.2.1.0 (X86 + X64). This was not so easy because there are only 4 colours, but I think the result looks better now.

Reply #19
Hi :)
Please re-upload v0.2.1.0 (X86 + X64).
Still v0.2.0.0.

Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #20
OK, I enhanced the integration of the Default UI colors in component version 0.2.1.0 (X86 + X64). This was not so easy because there are only 4 colours, but I think the result looks better now.
Can you add a switch to the gradient color? Or the gradient color should be lighter, otherwise the labels font cannot be seen clearly.

Monitoring Fields Area and Loudness Peakmeter Area is color of the separation line is also not match.

Just for a better presentation ;D , thank you!

Reply #21
Hi :)
Please re-upload v0.2.1.0 (X86 + X64).
Still v0.2.0.0.
Thanks.
It's version 0.2.1.0 You could see it by looking in the dll properties. I only forgot updating the internal foobar component version.

Reply #22
> It's version 0.2.1.0 You could see it by looking in the dll properties
yes i know.

> I only forgot updating the internal foobar component version.
yes please fix this.

Please fix it in the next version.
Thanks.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #24
Can you add a switch to the gradient color? Or the gradient color should be lighter, otherwise the labels font cannot be seen clearly.

Monitoring Fields Area and Loudness Peakmeter Area is color of the separation line is also not match.

Just for a better presentation ;D , thank you!
In the released version 0.3.0.0 the right shade is deactivated by default now. When the Default UI color assignment appears, the transparency of the left shade is set to the very low value 32 for a better separation of the areas. You can adjust the shades now in the configuration dialog. I didn't change the color of the separation line, cause it's not so easy and it's always gray. May be in one of the next versions. The color of the labels is now also adjustable and changed by Default UI color assignment automatically.