Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: JScript Panel (Read 338578 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: JScript Panel

Reply #1725
Dynamic sized thumbs really can't happen with the current design. When you look at a "grid", it's a single image stitched together from multiple images. The only sane thing to do right now is pick a thumb size and then resize the panel to fit and lock it.

Reply #1726
Dynamic sized thumbs really can't happen with the current design. When you look at a "grid", it's a single image stitched together from multiple images. The only sane thing to do right now is pick a thumb size and then resize the panel to fit and lock it.
Ah, no wonder I couldn't make heads or tales from the diff with the SMP version.

Got another one, I noticed when going into the Panel Properties for JSPlaylist, some keystrokes bleed through to FB2K when editing fields. Spacebar causes playback pausing/resuming, and Del (thank heavens) prompts if I really want to delete the selected/playing track (can't see which so must assume while playing it's the current track).

And I don't know what consequence this has, but I recently converted the few MP3's I still got in my collection (lost the bulk due to hd failure) to solely use ID3v2.4, which seems to have switched the DATE field to store recording date and puts the actual release date into another ID3 field (viewable as %release date%). So, if you configure FB2K to only use ID3v2.4 for MP3, or whatever format this gets used in, it'll affect a lot of your scripts where DATE is used for sorting. 

Reply #1728
I don't warn people about the dangers of assigning keyboard shortcuts consisting of a single key without modifier. I don't need to because fb2k itself already does it...

Thanks for the headsup. Completely forgot it's configurable. Always just assumed it was just the default key action since I never bothered assigning shortcut keys.

EDIT: As I thought, it's the default... never assigned it myself, comes OOB this way, same for the Space key.

Reply #1730
EDIT: As I thought, it's the default... never assigned it myself, comes OOB this way, same for the Space key.

The delete/space keys are certainly not pre-defined in the preferences. That would be insane. :/

And given you mentioned a prompt, you must be using file operations to actually remove files. For you, that might be fine but it would be an insane default for everyone else.

Without keyboard shortcut preferences defined, most playlist viewers handle the delete key being pressed to remove playlist items without touching files. JSPlaylist certainly does this and it doesn't interfere with typing.