Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [crashware] foo_chronflow (Read 186155 times) previous topic - next topic

[crashware] foo_chronflow

Reply #25
When I try to set either left or middle-click to "Add to playlist," I get no response.

Meaning that once I set the chronflow preference for middle-click (or left-click, or enter) to "Add to playlist" or "Add to playback queue," nothing happens when I middle-click (or left-click, or push enter) on an album cover in chronflow.  I can, however, set it to "Replace playlist" and it works flawlessly.  Do you have any idea why this is or how I could fix it?

Reply #26
i always miss a simple 'Play' action for double-click on a cover.
That just doesn't fit with foobar's concept: foobar is a playlist-bound player. There is no way (in concept, technically there is one) to play songs that are not part of a playlist. Live with it or switch to another player.
You can use "replace playlist" or "add to new playlist" to have the album playing instantly.

could we expect an update of Chronflow that allow (option?) to bind the flow with a specific playlist or the active playlist ?
Yes, you can, but not in the near future.

Wouldn't it be possible to add this 'Play' function, when you updated chronflow with the feature to bind it to a specific playlist? Then it would be excactly the way you described how foobar2k's concept works (that is playlist-bound), isn't it?
fb2k on OSX: flac q8 > rockboxed Sansa e280v1: Vorbis q5.0

Reply #27
Request, stroke for text.
I enjoy having black text, but its hard to see it when theres a dark image if the text is black. If you could add an option to allow the letters to be stroked, then the text would be a lot more visible.

Reply #28
Meaning that once I set the chronflow preference for middle-click (or left-click, or enter) to "Add to playlist" or "Add to playback queue," nothing happens when I middle-click (or left-click, or push enter) on an album cover in chronflow. I can, however, set it to "Replace playlist" and it works flawlessly. Do you have any idea why this is or how I could fix it?
I don't believe this is possible . This must be caused by some other component.

Wouldn't it be possible to add this 'Play' function, when you updated chronflow with the feature to bind it to a specific playlist? Then it would be excactly the way you described how foobar2k's concept works (that is playlist-bound), isn't it?
That's correct - you understood the concept of foobar. This feature is already implemented in my development build, but this won't be released for some time.

Request, stroke for text.
sorry - not gonna happen. My Graphics library (GDI+) does not support stroked text.

Reply #29
Is there a way to make Chronflow display the first cover when it starts rather than the last one it was displaying when you closed Foobar?

Reply #31
Is there a way to make Chronflow display the first cover when it starts rather than the last one it was displaying when you closed Foobar?
no.

are you sure?
no . Added to todo list .

Reply #32
no.

Could there be?

It would be nice to choose that it either remembers the last cover it displayed, OR it starts from the beginning again

Could you add it to your TO DO list too please?   

Reply #33
It would be nice to choose that it either remembers the last cover it displayed, OR it starts from the beginning again
Won't do this for 2 reasons:
1. I don't see any serious use for this
2. chronflow does not define a "beginning" - your collection is a circle with no beginning or end.

If you want to jump to whatever you think is the beginning you can just use Find As You Type for that.

Reply #34
Won't do this for 2 reasons:
1. I don't see any serious use for this
2. chronflow does not define a "beginning" - your collection is a circle with no beginning or end.

If you want to jump to whatever you think is the beginning you can just use Find As You Type for that.

Yes, I hear what you are saying but I'm using Br3tt's Ibiza config and both of the playlists and album lists re-set to the first alphabetical cover when Foobar is started which makes Chronflow look out of sync. I just thought it would be nice to have the option to re-set Chronflow too so it matched

Reply #35

Thinking about this, could a command be sent on start-up that puts Chronflow back to the alphabetical beginning every time Foobar is opened? Maybe this is a question for Br3tt...

Reply #36
Ok I've been trying to get chronflow started since I've been trying to configure Ibiza by Br3tt. Whenever I try to start chronflow though (even in a dockable panel) I get an error message. The message reads 'Textloader: Can't set Pixelformat.' And after hitting Ok it says 'Img Texture Leak: <number that keeps rising with every try till restarting foobar>.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Edit: Nevermind the problem seems to be obsolete gfx drivers for my x700 Mobility. Thx Asus for nothing

Reply #37
The problem is your graphics card or its drivers. Update your drivers - if that doesn't work, your out of luck.

Reply #38
Thanks. I found a way to modify the regular Catalyst 8.6 driver and abandon this 3 year old legacy driver crap. Works like a charm now

Reply #39
Hi. Almost same here. When I start foobar a window appear saying: "foo_chronflow error: couldn't get a hardware accelerated PixelFormat. My graphic card is up to date. Any suggestion Chronial? Thanks.

Reply #40
I think I've encountered one nasty bug last week or so.

After some heavy usage over span of several hours (don't ask) Chronflow runs out of video memory (I guess) and starts showing blank grey covers, then crashes after a little while.
The first time I've encountered this behavior, it just crashed with error message with something about bad allocation, without any crash logs.
The second time I tried to shut foobar down manually, as soon as grey covers appeared. No such luck: http://bayimg.com/NaJahAabP
After restart, all playlists disappeared (playback stats were saved, though). Haven't used CF since.

GPU is Radeon HD 3850.
Performance settings: 4 passes Supersampling, cache size 100, max tex size 512, priority below normal, texture compression and empty cache when minimized are enabled, VSync + try to hit VBlank.

Reply #41
I think I've encountered one nasty bug last week or so.

After some heavy usage over span of several hours (don't ask) Chronflow runs out of video memory (I guess) and starts showing blank grey covers, then crashes after a little while.
The first time I've encountered this behavior, it just crashed with error message with something about bad allocation, without any crash logs.
The second time I tried to shut foobar down manually, as soon as grey covers appeared. No such luck: http://bayimg.com/NaJahAabP
After restart, all playlists disappeared (playback stats were saved, though). Haven't used CF since.

GPU is Radeon HD 3850.
Performance settings: 4 passes Supersampling, cache size 100, max tex size 512, priority below normal, texture compression and empty cache when minimized are enabled, VSync + try to hit VBlank.

This EXACT same thing happened to me. I didn't get any errors, and didn't think it was Chronflow related, but now that you mention it, I had just incorporated it into my layout view so it was visible 100% of the time (instead of switching to it). My computer just started to buzz up really fast (as if the CPU was being eaten). Then when switching to another song itself once the previous one was over, everything on screen froze up (the song remained playing) and my entire computer shut itself down.

All my playlists, and recent ratings / playcounts / layout mods were all lost. I was quite mad, but it hasn't happened since (after all, one of the changes I made to my layout was adding chronflow to it, and that change had been erased).

I wonder if Chronflow was my culprit also ? I was just browsing the net playing games and on forums and stuff when it happened.
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #42
wtf? oO
That's nasty. I have no idea what could actually be causing this, since I'm not actually doing anything that might be causing this.

Could I have some more details about your setup (both of you)? CPU, OS, GPU.

Reply #43
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+
Windows XP SP2
HIS Radeon HD 3850 IceQ 3 TurboX with ATI Catalyst 8.6

Reply #44
Intel Pentium 4 3.06GHz
Windows XP Home SP2  -  Direct X 9.0c
1 GB of RAM
Nvidia GeForce FX 5200
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #45
Thank you for a great plugin! It works perfect... almost

The case is that I get some strange multicolour lines while browsing through my albums:
http://i36.tinypic.com/1fzn7b.jpg

It does not depend on the cover that is chosen:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2s0xr89.jpg

The bug is also present on the fullscreen:
http://i38.tinypic.com/1z66rd0.jpg

However, it disappears when the screen is splitted into two parts:
http://i33.tinypic.com/10xcy6q.jpg

When moving from album to album, the lines are dancing on the whole panel area that is a little bit annoying after a while. What is interesting, thay'll never get in the same position, again
They move also after every mouse click.

Furthermore, the problem is visible only on Albumart, Default and Vinyl presets. On the rest it disappear.

Where is the probable problem? May it be the fault of the graphic card? Or maybe it might be solved by the software modification? I haven't seen it in any screens provided here nor at the Polish support of foobar2000 :|

Btw, does anyone know how to get rid of this rectangles at the end of each song title? I guess it is font connected but I may be wrong...

Reply #46
About the nasty bug: I can't find what might be causing this atm. But if you encounter this bug again, you should kill foobar via taskmanager - that should save your playlists.

@Amfidiusz
This is definitely not a chronflow bug. This is either caused by your hosting component or more likely by your graphics card. Try updating your drivers.

Reply #47
Hi I'm getting these two errors from foo_chronflow when I tried importing IBIZA by Br3tt:

TexLoader: Couldn't share Display Lists
ImgTexture leak: 2

And foobar2000 crashes. I've subsequently discarded IBIZA and tried using chronflow stand alone but I get similar errors.

Here are some of my specifications:

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T8300
Vista Home Premium 32 bit
Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family

I updated the drivers for the video card, but to no avail.

edit: I reinstalled foobar2k and loaded columns_ui and chronflow only. The error I get when I select chronflow panel on live edit is:

TexLoader: Couldn't share Display Lists
ImgTexture leak: 2/4/6/8/10...ad infinitum the more I select chronflow panel

It's also doing this now when I boot up foobar2k.

Reply #48
Can Chronflow update album covers without having to click on Reload Sources all the time?

Reply #49
@Equiether
I'm sorry, but I guess I can't help you - your GPU does not support chronflow.

@lewis22
No, not automatically (it is planned). But there is a hotkey - you can press F5 when you have added new files (click into the chronflow window, press F5).