Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Toaster for Fb2k (Read 317706 times) previous topic - next topic

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #275
I just updated to 0.9 myself and was dismayed when I discovered foo_toast hasn't been ported yet
I'll work on the orange one when it gets updated.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373760"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Does look nice.  So far I don't think anything has been ported to 0.9 yet, aside from the stuff that was around during the beta testing as well.  Seems a lot of plugins have to have a lot of code rewritten, and in some cases redone entirely.  I need toaster, album art, track info panel & RMX before I can switch, so it hurts.
But nice looking toaster thingy.  Nice to see people still making skins for it, shame the plugin doesn't seem to be getting this much attention from the developer.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #276
dBaines, that looks very nice and sleek. Possible you could give it an orange theme, so it matches my "Foobar, WindowBlinds, Wallpaper and ObjectDock".

Sure could. If you upload a screenie of your setup or tell me some hex values it would be even easier for me and would blend better with your current stuff.

I just updated to 0.9 myself and was dismayed when I discovered foo_toast hasn't been ported yet
I'll work on the orange one when it gets updated.
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Soon as you can, i can wait

For reference:

[a href="http://img135.imageshack.us/my.php?image=foobar3vf.jpg][/url]

Orange Colour: 178bff <-- In fooobar
Orange RGB: 255, 139, 23

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #277
I don't think foo_toaster ever gets ported. There has been no post from the author for a year at least.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #278
I don't think foo_toaster ever gets ported. There has been no post from the author for a year at least.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=373948"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Hopefully someone will take it upon themselves to port it, i doubt the original creator wont be worried if it still has his credits on it; but states it was updated for .9

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #279
anyone know the status of this plugin at all?  i really love this plugin.  enough to make me switch back to 0.83 just for this.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #280
I reverted back to 0.8, as much as I love 0.9, I just couldn't live without my components.

I made the orange toaster for you mate, it's available here:
http://www.dbaines.com/downloads/foo_toast...ines-orange.zip

preview:
[a href="http://imageshack.us" target="_blank"]

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #281

Hello Nervie,

i like your Windows Visual Style. Could you tell me the name of it please?

Thank you

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #282
I think I read somewhere here in the forums, that he will release an updated version on March 26th?!!

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #283
Currently - the configuration panel for toaster is a modal window.  If you have this panel open you can't (well at least I can't) interact with foobar until I finish in the config.  This is what I'm asking to be changed.
No mercy for the bandwidth impaired

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #284
I think I read somewhere here in the forums, that he will release an updated version on March 26th?!!

i believe you are refering to prettypop, and not toaster.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #285
Maybe. I'm not quite sure. Aren't both plugins designed for the same purpose?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #286
well yes, but i don't think prettypop can be skinned like toast

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #287
No, it can't be skinned by images :-/

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #288
I reverted back to 0.8, as much as I love 0.9, I just couldn't live without my components.

I made the orange toaster for you mate, it's available here:
http://www.dbaines.com/downloads/foo_toast...ines-orange.zip

preview:

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374175"][{POST_SNAPBACK}]

You are a champion! Thank you very much!

Hello Nervie,

i like your Windows Visual Style. Could you tell me the name of it please?

Thank you

Not a problem, its WindowBlinds - Orilla http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1699643/

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #290
It would seriously rock if this was ported to 0.9, though it would even be better if he released the source (can't anyone get it?  If I knew C++ or whatever, I would contribute) and someone picked up from where he left?  Or maybe if prettypopup were to be able to be customized as much as Toaster was.  I just miss the awesomeness of Toaster/Album Art Plugin/Track Info 

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #291
I'd give a shot at porting it to 0.9 if the sources were available.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #292
I'd give a shot at porting it to 0.9 if the sources were available.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=374671"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

A decent programmer could probably write a similar plugin quite easily.  I don't know much about programming, but the most complicated part of toaster seems like it would be the art display & fading in/out.  I never much liked how toaster wouldn't allow wildcards for album images, like *.* or the ability to look one directory up or use any image the current songs directory.  Has anyone tried directly contacting the dev about getting it updated or obtaining the source?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #293
so , still no news on this plugins ??

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #294
What do we need to get this plugin?

-Source
-SDK

?

What's the actual process? Recompile the script using the headers from the SDK? Would we be required to rewrite any code?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #295
Would we be required to rewrite any code?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375707"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Yes. All you need to change should be covered by the component tutorial though.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #296
Lol, only today did I learn why its called 'Toaster', because it pops up!! 

I could really do with this, I have to keep Foobar minimised all the time to keep an ear on the track on the taskbar.

Is there anyway to keep an eye on threads you've posted in on these boards?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #297
Pretty Popup is similar to toaster AND work on 0.9
Music is my first love.

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #298
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376480"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not so similar, because it cannot be skinned. can it?

Toaster for Fb2k

Reply #299
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376480"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Not so similar, because it cannot be skinned. can it?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=376617"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

similar does not mean identical...
you can change colors, fonts, displayed text , cannot use overlay image.
you can "only show automatically  when ( foobar) minimised " ( very nice and not in toaster...)
Music is my first love.