Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: I was able to get vst 2 plugins to run under foobar only with one major flaw.... (Read 351 times) previous topic - next topic

I was able to get vst 2 plugins to run under foobar only with one major flaw....

The 32 bit vst 2 plugin dll in question is called GSatPlus, when I go to launch it via file, preferences, VST Plug-ins using foo_vst_0903 which I have received though this helpful article here https://appuals.com/how-to-use-vst-plug-ins-in-foobar/ "Couldn't find it on the official repo for Foobar Plug_Ins on Foobars website which is unfortunate" The vst loads perfectly, the only issue is while the gui for the plugin shows up and all nobs are functional, Foobar seems to capture the vst GSatPlus plugin window and will not allow me to select any other menu's within the foobar interface unless I make a quick change to it and close it, then it'll allow me to use foobar normally. It's frustrating that the plugin doesn't simply go behind the menu or main screen of foobar to allow me to adjust it in real time as I play music or allow me to switch between either foobars main windows the vst plugin window, it sort of makes the feature useless if I can't make changes in realtime as I'm playing back music and always have to go though the whole file, preferences, VST Plug-Ins tree of menus to just make a small adjustment every single time. So is there a way I could run both windows simultaneously side by sidebwithout the vst plugin windows capturing control over foobar's entire interface? Also would it be possible to built VST Plug-In support natively without needing a 3rd party component? It would make the whole thing much easier, also to add support for 32 bit and 64 bit plugins too, vst3 support would be very welcome too as vst 2 is pretty antiquate by now. I hope y'all have a solution. there are other plugins I'd like to run as well such as FerricTDS_32bit which mimics the harmonic saturation and slight compression/warmth of a reel to reel tape recorder Gsat is slightly different but still just something I wanted to try first because of it's overall ease of running, as well as TesslaSE_1.2.1 which mimics transformer saturation. included are the files.

GSatPlusnogpu_Installer_WIN_134.zip
foo_vst_0903.zip
TesslaSE_1.2.1
FerricTDS

Re: I was able to get vst 2 plugins to run under foobar only with one major flaw....

Reply #1
What version of Foobar are you running??  The current 2.1 version has had full VST support via its own host plugin from the developer himself (https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_vst3) for months now.  The "foo_vst_0903" plugin has been deprecated ever since.  Support now includes VST3 for 64-bit versions of Foobar, or even 32-bit versions if run on a 64-bit OS.  Update to Foobar 2.1, install the new VST host, and try your plugins again, I think you'll be satisfied.  Also note the new View->Visualizations-->Visualize with VST choice.