Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do I suggest new Field standards? (Read 2067 times) previous topic - next topic

How do I suggest new Field standards?

If HydrogenAudio includes it in https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Tag_Mapping. As "suggested Fields" maybe it will catch on.
Some I want to suggest are -

SONGTYPE - Instrumental; Acapella; Instruments&Vocals
MASTERER
RECORDING_ENGINEER
VOCAL_ENGINEER

I will add more if anyone likes it.
ojos-azules-cat

Re: How do I suggest new Field standards?

Reply #1
I don't see the need for any of those, but "MASTERER" should be "MASTERING_ENGINEER"

Reply #2
I'd say just use the ENGINEER fields if you really want to add these tags. We don't have a GUITARIST, DRUMMER, FLUTIST or CONTRABASSOONIST tags either.
Music: sounds arranged such that they construct feelings.

Reply #3
Tag information can be separated using the ; symbol.
So, you can add multiple engineer names to the ENGINEER tag and have them separated using the semi-colon.

You can then add more detailed info into the COMMENT and/or UNSYNCEDLYRICS tag like I do (I also do the latter as some media players like iTunes will display it when playing rather than the COMMENT tag).

Reply #4
That is how foobar2000 presents it to you in order for the user not to have to deal with how different tag formats have different solutions to multi-value fields.

Vorbis comments and APEv2 differ (multiple fields with same key like ARTIST = artistnumberone and ARTIST = artistnumbertwo, vs one field with a list). And infamously, ID3 was created by someone who hasn't heard about a major Aussie rock act, and chose to use "/" as tag separator up to v2.3.

Reply #5
I can literally do this

but i would never get the idea that someone should use it as standard.

Reply #6
That is how foobar2000 presents it to you in order for the user not to have to deal with how different tag formats have different solutions to multi-value fields.

Vorbis comments and APEv2 differ (multiple fields with same key like ARTIST = artistnumberone and ARTIST = artistnumbertwo, vs one field with a list). And infamously, ID3 was created by someone who hasn't heard about a major Aussie rock act, and chose to use "/" as tag separator up to v2.3.
yes, I should've clarified that I was referring to my usage of foobar. In mp3tag it's displayed as a / even if it's entered in foobar as ;

Hopefully op can make use of the very workable suggestions.