Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Library indexing in 1.3 extremely slow on a microsd card? (Read 1101 times) previous topic - next topic

Library indexing in 1.3 extremely slow on a microsd card?

Is anyone else seeing extremely slow indexing on the current 1.3 version? I'm using a Samsung A52 4G with a 200 GB microsd card that has around 150 GB (20,000 songs) of mp3 on it. In previous versions, when I deleted/added files, the scan took only less than a minute to scan the full library and properly update the indexing. Now it takes forever, and there also seems to be something wrong with it running in the background, looks like the indexing only runs when I have foobar actually open and am interacting with it?

Re: Library indexing in 1.3 extremely slow on a microsd card?

Reply #1
I just added some files and it took 28 minutes to index (on a 512GB SD card). I assume this will be fixed quickly: they've always been good about stuff.

I was able to get it to read just being open in the background. Probably it just seemed that way because it took so long to index.