Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Gesture Controls on Now Playing Page (Read 497 times) previous topic - next topic

Gesture Controls on Now Playing Page

On the Now Playing screen, enable simple playback control for traditional mobile devices. Tap for Play/Pause, swipe left for previous and swipe right for next track.

You can keep the swipe from edge option to go back to the menu pages, or even make this work on the text area below the album art. But for use on the go, especially in a car, gestures are far more simple.

Re: Gesture Controls on Now Playing Page

Reply #1
Agreed, it'd be a nice feature to have (QoL improvement), but I don't think it's in the interest of the devs...

Maybe in a couple of years!

Re: Gesture Controls on Now Playing Page

Reply #2
On the Now Playing screen, enable simple playback control for traditional mobile devices. Tap for Play/Pause, swipe left for previous and swipe right for next track.

You can keep the swipe from edge option to go back to the menu pages, or even make this work on the text area below the album art. But for use on the go, especially in a car, gestures are far more simple.
Maybe switch the gesture to access the library to swipe down on the artwork? This will make sure no confusion with swipe left/right for track changes on the now playing screen. I really hope this gets added, it is a key feature missing that makes me use another app instead.