Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4558958 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7450
Thanks,

same in beta2.

I sent you my layout via PM.

EDIT:
and btw. I edited the splitter in the layout from vertical to horizontal and vice versa, but the result stays the same: cannot decrease the panel.

Reply #7451
I installed DarkOne4Mod v1 skin on latest and while it looks cool, I would like to move the whole Control Panel to the top of foobar2000 window, but how do i do this? I read the PDF manual but it didn't help. I've seen a screenshot with this layout, but it was for v1.5. I know how to edit the layout on Default UI, but I'm completely lost at editing Columns UI. Thanks in advance.

Reply #7452
With beta2 it is randomly not possible to click/double click in the first two rows in the playlist panel.
Cursor focus is changing, but playing does not start.

When the focus in on the first or second track (first or second row of playlist) I can press ENTER and the song plays. double-clicking has no effect. It worked with older versions of CUI.

I'm using f2k 1.4.6

Reply #7453
Thanks, I can reproduce that.

Reply #7454
That should be fixed in beta 3 (just released).

Reply #7456
1.2.0 RC 1 has now been released.

how to define a second playlist_view with different columns as the default one ?

Reply #7457
Hello musicmusic,

Is it possible (in any way) to define a second playlist_view

via Prefs->Display->CUI->Layout->Layout->Insert Panel->Playlist Views

with different columns as the default one

?

The question came up originally in this thread, where yetanotherid uses DUI and created another playlist-view in a tab.

I tried to add a Tab Stack in CUI, but the second inserted playlistview seems to have just the same columns...

I guess, its possible telling a collumn only to display in certain playlists (playlist filters), but a tab would be of more convenience.

Reply #7458
No, it's not possible with the built-in playlist view, I'm afraid.

You could use one of the third-party playlist views available via other components in the other tab, though.

Reply #7459
No, it's not possible with the built-in playlist view, I'm afraid.
You could use one of the third-party playlist views available via other components in the other tab, though.
Thanks for clarifying,

I've searched the official components page, but did not found a single playlist view. Which one are you refering to?

Reply #7460
ELplaylist and Esplaylist come to mind.

Reply #7461
ELplaylist and Esplaylist come to mind.
Thank you! I don't remember to ever read about them :-)
U really need to read the forums a lot to not miss such good little tools! Thanks again!

Reply #7462
Default UI uses >>X<< and <<X>> to emphasize and de-emphasize text, respectively. This doesn't seem to work in Columns, what is the equivalent here? Inline formatting is pretty useful.

Reply #7464
Meaning, you can't have theme agnostic coloring in Columns UI formatting scripts. But you do get hardcoded colors you have full control over.

Reply #7465
Hi musicmusic,

I posted a comment in this thread back in early June regarding an issue with CUI's Status Bar settings. You may possibly have missed my post because you replied to other comments, but not to mine.

I was requesting that CUI not add any hard-coded (i.e. non-editable) text to the Status Bar or the Title Bar when in CUI mode.

At the moment (even in the latest CUI v1.2.0) text gets added to the Status Bar that the user has not specified in the Title Formatting Script box of the Status Bar and Panel settings. This only happens when the player is fully stopped. When foobar is in 'Play' or 'Pause' mode, the status bar text displays exactly as the user has specified it in the formatting script box. However, when the player is stopped, CUI adds foorbar's name and version number to the status bar (which does not happen in DUI mode). I would like to control the status bar text that is displayed when the player is stopped (to either change it to match DUI's 'Playback stopped' text, or to have no text at all when stopped) instead of having foobar's name and version number constantly displayed.

Perhaps there is already a way to over-ride this using scripting, but scripting is not my strong point so I'm not sure whether a script can already deal with this issue or whether it would require a change to CUI. Perhaps you could let me know.

Also, CUI makes changes to foobar's Title Bar text. I have specified how I want foobar's title bar name displayed in Default UI mode (which works perfectly) but when I switch from DUI to CUI my custom title bar text gets over-ridden and changed (until I switch back to DUI).

It would be great if CUI just left the title bar text alone so that it displayed whatever the user had chosen in DUI mode.

Thanks.

Reply #7466
... However, when the player is stopped, CUI adds foorbar's name and version number to the status bar (which does not happen in DUI mode). I would like to control the status bar text that is displayed when the player is stopped (to either change it to match DUI's 'Playback stopped' text, or to have no text at all when stopped) instead of having foobar's name and version number constantly displayed.
I can consider making it configurable. However, if there isn't some other significance of changing it (that hasn't been stated), it will probably not be a priority (in reality, there are many other unfulilled requests).

Perhaps there is already a way to over-ride this using scripting, but scripting is not my strong point so I'm not sure whether a script can already deal with this issue or whether it would require a change to CUI. Perhaps you could let me know.
No, there is no way currently to change the behaviour (other than editing the source code and compiling Columns UI yourself).

Also, CUI makes changes to foobar's Title Bar text. I have specified how I want foobar's title bar name displayed in Default UI mode (which works perfectly) but when I switch from DUI to CUI my custom title bar text gets over-ridden and changed (until I switch back to DUI).

It would be great if CUI just left the title bar text alone so that it displayed whatever the user had chosen in DUI mode.
Default UI settings should only apply to the Default UI I'm afraid. There is no overriding involved; DUI and CUI are completely independent from each other.

In general, DUI and CUI are not guaranteed to behave the same either, and it does not mean that one or the other is correct.

Reply #7467
Hi.  I have a request.  I recently upgraded to the 1.x series, and thought I was going to really like the 'Show groups' menu item.  Unfortunately, it doesn't work for my layout, as the group headers are the only place where I have release information.  Instead, I would really appreciate a main menu toggle for the 'Display artwork in groups' option (so it can be bound to a button).  Please consider for a future update.  Thanks.

Reply #7468
That sounds reasonable to me.

Reply #7469
Hey musicmusic,

here is something I miss in status bar, which is available in DUI:

count of selected files/tracks.

Would you mind to add such useful information to the status bar and to the options page, so we can add it, if needed?

Reply #7470
The status pane has a total count, while the status bar does not, in case you didn't know (not to disregard the feature request).

Reply #7471
The status pane has a total count
Oh yes, I totally forgot about that, because the pane takes too much space (oversized volumeslider, 2 lines) and showing only redundant information, I got already summarized in the status bar.

I always wondered, why the pane? you can't customize it. Maybe I've oveseen something...

So, if the information is already fetched, hopefully it'll easy to add to the status bar ;-}

Reply #7472
here is something I miss in status bar, which is available in DUI:

count of selected files/tracks.
OK, I'll have a think about that.

I always wondered, why the pane? you can't customize it. Maybe I've oveseen something...
It was inspired by the similar pane in the Windows Explorer of a particular Windows version.

So, if the information is already fetched, hopefully it'll easy to add to the status bar ;-}
Yes, but the behaviour of the status pane is slightly different from the status bar when no items are selected. When no items are selected, the status pane displays totals of the entire playlist. It also makes it a bit clearer when it showing totals for a selection. I believe those behaviours were also inspired by Windows Explorer – however, Windows 10 shows both the total item count and selected item count when something is selected.

Reply #7473
Thank you for explaining! I mostly never use explorer.exe, I‘m a child of Total Commander, thats why I never saw such a pane.

4/24 is the simple count, I‘d like to have added optional as a new column to the statusbar.
(means 4 of 24 total tracks selected)

That seems easy unterstandable and not much space consuming.

If no items selected, I‘d expect nothing to be shown in that column.

Reply #7474
Acabo de instalar la version nueva 1.2 y he detectado un error grave. No permite cambiar correctamente en "Colours and fonts" el tamaño de las fuentes. Tuve que volver a instalar la version 1.0. Por favor ¿Puedes comprobar que estoy en lo cierto?.