Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Replacing apostrophes (or single quotation marks) (Read 874 times) previous topic - next topic

Replacing apostrophes (or single quotation marks)

I'm trying to replace apostrophes with the $replace function, but I can't find the proper way to write the titleformatting expression.
Wrapping it in double quotation marks as suggested by the titleformatting help page doesn't seem to work.
I'm late

Re: Replacing apostrophes (or single quotation marks)

Reply #1
Use 2 single quotes.

Code: [Select]
$replace(%title%,'',X)

Reply #3
http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference#Syntax

In literal text, the character %, $, [, ], or ' (apostrophe/single quote) must be escaped by enclosing it in ' (apostrophe/single quote) characters. For example, '[' (a left bracket in single quotes) results in a literal [ (left bracket). As a special case, '' (two single quotes in a row) results in one single quote.

Reply #4
Thanks
I'm late