Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Converting to MP3 question (Read 791 times) previous topic - next topic

Converting to MP3 question

I have audio book in M4B format (400MB file, Bitrate 60 kbps, codec ACC), when i convert it to MP3 using 60 kbps i get much smaller file 240mb, only able to get filesize near 400MB when set MP3 Bitrate to 130 kbps.

I further look inside mp3 file after using setting 60 kbps and notice it has much lower bitrate than 60, is it normal?

Re: Converting to MP3 question

Reply #2
The preset in Foobar2000 gives an estimated bitrate for stereo music. Mono sections or lower sampling rate will use fewer bits.

Re: Converting to MP3 question

Reply #3
If you have your heart set on a particular bitrate, you could use average or constant bitrate mode.

Open the encoder configuration, select the Lame MP3 encoder from the drop-down list, then select "custom" from the drop-down list. Edit the command line and save the preset.

-S --noreplaygain --abr 60 - %d