Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: About name of player - and owls (Read 8786 times) previous topic - next topic

About name of player - and owls

Hello.

First of all, I want to thank all people who contributed in foobar2000 project. I like this music player very much and tell every my friend about it, and they like it too!

Last time I noticed that everybody who speak about foobar2000 says "Foobar", not "foobar2000", in forums and real life too.

So, I think it's good idea to rename player to "Foobar", because:
1. Everybody (>90%) says "Foobar" instead "foobar2000"
2. It's 2007 year now, not 2000
3. "Foobar" looks much pretty, not as "foobar2000" (for me exactly). I rename all folder names and links after installation - it's very dull.

Don't think I don't like names "foobar2000" and "fb2k" at all - I like it, but I think that "Foobar" sounds clearer, easier and "better". I just want to make it better.

Thank you.

Reply #1
You don't like its name. So what?

Reply #2
...riiiight.

Not going to happen.

Reply #3
Not a big deal, sorry. It could be called CheezyPuffs for all I care, as long as it works like Foobar.

Reply #4
Not a big deal, sorry. It could be called CheezyPuffs for all I care, as long as it works like Foobar.

No: names are important. I'll never purchase an Opel Corsa because I don't like the name.

Ys,
Rozzo

Reply #5
Fine. So they're important to you. I was speaking for myself obviously, and they're not important to me.

Reply #6
The name foobar2000 is a joke. The foobar part is a joke, the 2000 part is a joke.

The fact that the name is important enough to you to start a thread about it, simply means the joke is laughing at you.

....Which might possibly give you some incentive to further dislike the name...

...which continues the joke
elevatorladylevitateme

Reply #7

Reply #8
I say "foobar", I write "fb2k" or "foobar2000". I perceive nothing to be wrong with any of those.

This thread is useless.

Reply #9

Reply #10
Be sure to get back to me when something interesting or useful happens in this thread.

Oh wait. Nothing like that will ever happen here.

Reply #11

Reply #13

Reply #14
foobar2000 is indeed a poor name, but it's hardly offensive enough to change, and it is too well established to change.

Reply #15
So it's childish and irrelevant to realize that a particular thread is neither going anywhere or going to have any impact on anyone outside of the few users who bother to read this whingefest? I'm improving the quality of discussion with my posts, not hurting it at all. This thread reminds me of the guy who complained that the aliencat icon was too "demonic".

The name stuff has been discussed to death. The people in this thread really need to lurk more.

The very fact that people are making a fuss about my posts proves that this thread is silly. Only more trolling is bound to come of this thread. Mark my words.

Reply #16

Reply #19

(Also, the name is fine. You said you renamed your stuff, so thats good enough for you isn't it? And the 2000 has nothing to do with the year.)
Song List: keikoniumboards.ke.funpic.org/files/songlist.html

Reply #20

Reply #21
This thread is now about owls.

Reply #22
European or african owls? You know the airspeed velocity differs a lot.
Stay sane, exile.

Reply #23
European or african owls? You know the airspeed velocity differs a lot.

Oi! That's SWALLOWS, and you have to have two of them carrying a coconut!
-----
J. D. (jj) Johnston

Reply #24
If you're talking about velocity, better talk about FALCONs.