Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0 (Read 6752 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Hi all,

Recent fb2k convert here. I found that foo_winamp_spam 0.98 was lacking in a few areas, so I went ahead and fixed it:
  • Added support for getting/setting repeat track (manual playlist advance).
  • Increased compatibility by writing only the currently playing item to winamp.m3u.
  • Modified the repeat and shuffle controls to act as Winamp users would expect.
  • Removed pointless configuration options, one of which didn't function at all.
Binary is available here, source is available here. Cheers!
/bw

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #1
Do you know why files that's encoded in Opus doesn't get registered by e.g. Trillian?

It gets listed correct in WinLister as Winamp v1.x class with correct title and everything.
But as soon as I play an MP3 Trillian detects it.

Also, please remove the Legacy Preference warning.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #2
Do you know why files that's encoded in Opus doesn't get registered by e.g. Trillian?

You'd have to consult the author of the plugin in question. If the correct information is being populated, it's Trillian at fault.

If someone tells me how to do so, I'd love to.
/bw

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #3

If someone tells me how to do so, I'd love to.

it needs compiling with a v1 SDK or above. the latest version supports foobar v1.1 and above only.

http://www.foobar2000.org/SDK

i'm not a developer so i have no idea if you'd have to make any changes for it to work. if you get stuck, post in the developer forum.

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #4
This is compiled with the latest SDK. Changes are definitely required. I'm not sufficiently bothered by it to go out and do the research, but I'll certainly accept input if anyone cares to offer it here.
/bw

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #5
Turns out the last remaining setting was broken as well (and also of highly questionable utility), so I've gone ahead and removed the preferences dialog entirely. Files in the first post updated.
/bw

foo_winamp_spam 1.0.0

Reply #7
Yep, separate branch.

Links in the first post are now broken and I can't seem to edit, so here are the updated ones: [binary] [source]

Feel free to edit the first post for me, mods.
/bw