Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: [Not my release] Biography view (Read 490760 times) previous topic - next topic

[Not my release] Biography view

Reply #51
Request:
- Ability to cycle through artist's images.

Reply #52
Could someone help me with a little problem? I want to save the text and artist image file in the folder from where the song is playing from.

I've tried C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\%artist% - %album%\%artist%
              C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\%artist% - %album%\%artist%.txt
              C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\%artist% - %album%\folder
                                    (I'm letting it download the album art that I don't have for this last one)

But naturally there is some characters that I can't use when naming my folders, so the %artist% - %album% thing isn't working that well. Is  there some other way I can put these files in the folders where the song is playing from?

This would also help with Various Artist folders. :x

Edit: I figured it out, ignore this post.  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\My Music\%directoryname%\%artist%

Reply #53
yeah, you are right it doesn't allows title formatting commands unfortunately, just simple tags

Reply #54
Version 0.2.4

Artists play tracks, ColumnsUI display album information for the panel. With automatic download features from the net.
More than one image to download the artist, to be switched.
Consider the server load up to five switch on the mouse wheel or click wheel.
(Cache's settings are enabled, Cache not only display the images. If you want to display multiple copies may be better off once.)
Add pseudo-transparent background
Akira Osamu fine.

Reply #57
I am enjoying it as well. nice addition.

Reply #58
Minor bug / behavior change request: "Stop Search" gets reset upon foobar restart. It would be better if it had a persistent status.

Reply #59
testing it in K :

[a href="http://xs138.xs.to/xs138/09150/___untitled2196.jpg" target="_blank"]

Reply #60
This is a great plugin - thanks to the developer.

As well as the artist image and a biography, could we have a discography option please? Perhaps with a few formatting options regarding display of album title and date - I think album image may be asking too much but I would use it!

I believe this would complete this plugin.

Reply #61
Is anyone else experiencing a problem scrolling the text after foobar has been minimized and then restored? I started noticing this after updating to version 2.4 and am experiencing it on two different computers. It could have been happening on prior versions but I never noticed it then.

Just curious... Love the component and still want to use it even with the minor annoyance.

Reply #62
v0.2.5
  • Search cache after online search if you could download the information online mode, cache files to be overwritten.
  • Memory leak, so you could change the thread creation function for safety.
  • MBID MUSICBRAINZ going to allow the search to use. Last.fm MBID The database of people that are registered by多KUNAIRASHII

Reply #65
can someone help me.. i need correct path for saving album arts in folders from where the song is playing from?

i've only managed to save them in artist folders..not in album folders

tried many variations, but without success ..
Disregard the constabulary.

Reply #66
I think there is a bug :
The description of the beatles is cut . There is some line missing

Reply #67
can someone help me.. i need correct path for saving album arts in folders from where the song is playing from?

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover

you can replace "cover" with %album%, or your desired image filename, without the extension

Reply #68

$replace(%path%,%filename_ext%,)cover

you can replace "cover" with %album%, or your desired image filename, without the extension

thanks, but that's not what i ment

that's columnsUI artwork settings, i don't have problems with that.

what i need is path for foo_uie_biography "Album" settings..to fetch covers in folders from where the song is playing.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/258/20552955.jpg

Reply #69

what i need is path for foo_uie_biography "Album" settings..to fetch covers in folders from where the song is playing.

i am talking exactly about that... either you want to save the album art to or load from there you should put that titleformat into that textbox...

Reply #70

i am talking exactly about that... either you want to save the album art to or load from there you should put that titleformat into that textbox...

it works

many thanks! 

Reply #71
Proxy support is utterly needed! 

Reply #72
Don't know why, but it took me until now to realize we could cycle through artist images, cool! Another good feature would be for the ability to save a default artist pic, or having biography view remember the last selected. Either way, this plugin is too cool. One of the most fun I've used for foobar in a long time.

Reply #73
Don't know why, but it took me until now to realize we could cycle through artist images, cool! Another good feature would be for the ability to save a default artist pic, or having biography view remember the last selected. Either way, this plugin is too cool. One of the most fun I've used for foobar in a long time.

Please tell me how to cycle through artist images? Thanks in advanced 
And I also want the image always appear as "Fit width" , any ways to do that?

Reply #74

Please tell me how to cycle through artist images? Thanks in advanced 
And I also want the image always appear as "Fit width" , any ways to do that?

Press your middle mouse button to cycle images.