Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Interesting: (Read 8305 times) previous topic - next topic

Interesting:

So I just took the liberty to write an entire page on the M-Audio Audiophile 24/96 card for the wiki and the goddamn wiki logged me out before I got a chance to post it  .  Anyway I am not a happy camper, but I will write that page again sooner or later after I blow off a little steam first.
budding I.T professional

Interesting:

Reply #1
huh? What happened exactly? The wiki should not log you out when you didn't at least close the browser.
Even if it did you could hit back and go back to what you wrote...

Interesting:

Reply #2
Even if it did you could hit back and go back to what you wrote...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310921"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Unless he uses Internet Explorer 

(or maybe I'm outdated? last time I checked, IE blanked out all forms when going back and forth)

Interesting:

Reply #3
As a safety precaution, whenever I submit something substantial to a forum or wiki, I always copy the entire text to the clipboard (cmd-a, cmd-c) right before hitting the button.  That way, even if for some reason I can't hit back if something goes wrong (e.g., browser doesn't work that way or browser crashes), I still have what I wrote.

Interesting:

Reply #4
I always copy the entire text to the clipboard (cmd-a, cmd-c) right before hitting the button.

And if you are clumsy enough, you will type: cmd-a, c. Happened to me more than once.

Interesting:

Reply #5
I always copy the entire text to the clipboard (cmd-a, cmd-c) right before hitting the button.

And if you are clumsy enough, you will type: cmd-a, c. Happened to me more than once.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310990"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you then do control-z (undo)

Interesting:

Reply #6
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311016"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Exactly

Interesting:

Reply #7
Or you could always type whatever you need to in notepad first then paste it into your browser. Hmm?
Acid8000 aka. PhilDEE

Interesting:

Reply #8
Or you could always type whatever you need to in notepad first then paste it into your browser. Hmm?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311025"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

And take all the fun out of remembering good ole pre/win Ctrl sequences.

Good thing my Logitech keyboard has them printed on the side of the keys so even noobs can figure it out

Interesting:

Reply #9
last time I checked, IE blanked out all forms when going back and forth)
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310925"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Here it doesn't (v6.0.2800.1106), though it probably depends of its settings and how the page is designed...

Interesting:

Reply #10

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=310990"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=311016"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Good advice, thanks!

Interesting:

Reply #11
Unless he uses Internet Explorer

most certainly NOT. I am using Mozilla 

As a safety precaution, whenever I submit something substantial to a forum or wiki, I always copy the entire text to the clipboard (cmd-a, cmd-c) right before hitting the button. That way, even if for some reason I can't hit back if something goes wrong (e.g., browser doesn't work that way or browser crashes), I still have what I wrote

Good tip I will have to remember that next time 

I usually do that. For some reason (well at least for me) is usually logs me out after several hours go by for some reason. I might have to check the configuration again to see what's up with that. I was just venting a little, because the article took me a few hours to put together and I was expecting to post in it one swoop rather have it log me out and not be able to go back to the post 
budding I.T professional