Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Tom Petty mastering differences for "I Won't Back Down" (Read 2352 times) previous topic - next topic

Tom Petty mastering differences for "I Won't Back Down"

This pic is a screen capture (sorry, couldn't figure out how to grab the text), from the ReplayGain values of each 30 second interval of Tom Petty's "I Won't Back Down."  The last interval is slightly shorter than 30 seconds.

Note how the Full Moon Fever (1989) version gets louder by about 3.6 dB from beginning to end.  The last value (i.e. *06) doesn't really count, because it has a fade out and silence.  The Greatest Hits (1993) version doesn't exhibit the same kind of growth in loudness.  Also, note how the peaks are different in the FMF version, while they are the same in the GH version.