Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XLD instruction manual? (Read 7501 times) previous topic - next topic

XLD instruction manual?

Hi, guys/gals,

This is my first post here, so you have a newbie on your hands...

To start, I have one question - to those of you who use XLD application on a Mac. Someone just recommended XLD to me, for ripping my CDs to a HD. Does anybody know of a good user instructions/workflow for that application and where can I find it?

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #1
You can visit the Official Website for command line options.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #3
Thanks to both of you, guys.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #4
Is anyone interested in creating an unofficial XLD setup guide here at HA?  I have a really good (IMO) guide from a known invite-only website that is in need of some minor updating. It is in .rtfd form and slightly redacted. I believe it could be a helpful template for anyone who has the time post a similar guide here.

Let me know and I can share the aforementioned document via a Dropbox link.
The Loudness War is over. Now it's a hopeless occupation.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #5
Is anyone interested in creating an unofficial XLD setup guide here at HA?

Sure. There isn't much guiding available on the official XLD site, especially for new users of this utility app. I, for one, could certainly use all the help I could get. I wonder what other readers think...

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #6
...I wonder what other readers think...

I'm wondering what moderator's think.

I don't personally want to spend hours essentially "re-wording" an existing XLD setup guide that I can't link to here (TOS 9 and the fact that the site is invite-only.) I'm offering assistance to the HA community but I need to know someone is going to follow through and that I have permission to do so.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #7
Here it is then.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #8
As I said before, your guide is welcome.

I don't personally want to spend hours essentially "re-wording" an existing XLD setup guide that I can't link to here (TOS 9 and the fact that the site is invite-only.) I'm offering assistance to the HA community but I need to know someone is going to follow through and that I have permission to do so.
Is this also addressed to the staff? I’m not sure what we, or anyone else for that matter, could “follow through”. As for appreciation, any effort that could help members and perhaps serve as a first destination for queries about XLD is a good thing.

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #9
XLD became some mature software that many folks use these days. It will be worth to have a howto around here, thanks for starting it Engelsstaub.
Is troll-adiposity coming from feederism?
With 24bit music you can listen to silence much louder!

XLD instruction manual?

Reply #10
As I said before, your guide is welcome.

Is this also addressed to the staff? I’m not sure what we, or anyone else for that matter, could “follow through”. As for appreciation, any effort that could help members and perhaps serve as a first destination for queries about XLD is a good thing.

No, it wasn't necessarily directed at the staff but anyone in general who I thought may want to contribute.  I wasn't sure if you'd let me lazily upload the file in the hopes that someone more adept could use it to create a guide. After some time had passed, and a PM to one of the parties, with no positive responses I just figured I'd do it. It was unrealistic of me to expect others to do what I wasn't that motivated to do myself and nobody else seemed motivated to do before.  I'm not looking for a slap on the back (and not trying to resurrect binned posts) but I'm sincerely glad you and Wombat find my efforts useful now. It took me four hours to come up with a suitable response. I was reluctant and lazy but you two lit a fire under my ass to do it anyway