Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What the f is this program (Read 926 times) previous topic - next topic

What the f is this program

Guys,
What's the point of having the left side menu if I can't use it to play music. No, I don't want to use a playlist. Who the fuck wants to use a playlist? What percentage of people are you appealing to? A minimum amount.
If I double click an artist on the left side menu, the program should start playing the first song from that artist. The right side menu should change to that artist and should display that artists songs.
This kind of stuff makes me want to go back to Itunes even if my music magically disappears from my HDD like usual. 

When I double click an artist on the left side it just expands the subfolders. Obviously I (The end user) am not a retard, and I know what songs go in each album. I don't need the program to display this when it's easily accessible in my file explorer through windows.

If I want to find a song from a particular album I have to scroll miles down the right side menu. This is terrible design.
What does it take to find a flac capable player that doesn't have 10000000 random features that nobody uses? Just play the music I have on my HDD. Why is this so complicated? Do I have to learn foobar 2000? Why is this process not retard-proofed?

Re: What the f is this program

Reply #1
Perhaps 1by1 suits you better.

Reply #2
Or perhaps Peter's other project, Boom:
https://www.perkele.cc/software/boom

As for the OP, perhaps do your research on the intended target audience for a software before loudly complaining about features meant for - and very much appreciated by - the target audience. There are various programs out there meant for all kinds of use cases. So is it possible the real problem lies not in the software, but somewhere closer to the keyboard perhaps? I wonder.

Reply #3
What's the point of having the left side menu if I can't use it to play music.
If you don't like it, FB2K is almost infinitely configurable and you can change it to do what you want.  That's the whole point.  There are many user-contributed "skins", choose another or create your own.  You may have to make compromises and adjust expectation to some extent, but that's life.

Ultimately, if you really can't get on with what FB2K has to offer, don't use it – nobody's forcing you, and neither have you paid money for it.  Just walk away.

Obviously I (The end user) am not a retard
Why is that so obvious?  It's pretty retarded to assume just because you don't like something some way nobody else does either, and then come onto an enthusiast forum to sound off about it as your first post.  What would get a better welcome is to come on and ask how to achieve what you want instead of making ridiculous absolute statements.  Nobody's going to be willing to spend their free time helping you achieve your personal goals if you don't ask nicely.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.

Reply #4
A complete foobar novice cannot do such a layout.
Dark-Mode is also selected.
Also showing selection properties.

What is the real intention of this post?
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, SONY WH-ULT900N (ULT WEAR) (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #5
What is the real intention of this post?
I agree.  It is sufficiently dubious to be nuked.
It's your privilege to disagree, but that doesn't make you right and me wrong.