Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How do i add file size in custom column ? (Read 2462 times) previous topic - next topic

How do i add file size in custom column ?

I did not find any settings to show file size, so how can i add it in the custom columns?

Reply #1
Of course you can: The field name of file size is - surprise - %filesize%. However, it will display the filesize in bytes so it is not too human readable. %filesize_natural% will format automatically to something like "6.05MB". For a complete reference of all %fieldnames% available (apart from the fact that you can define any field you like by just adding it in foobar's file properties dialog) is available in the wiki: Foobar2000:Title Fomratting Reference.

(One hint: using the math and string functions like $replace() you can accomplish pretty much any output format you desire. Other quite handy functions are $select and $strstr.)

Reply #2
Thanks.  %filesize_natural% Works perfect

Reply #3
is there anyway to make it 'sort' friendly? since, when i sort by highest, 1.32MB comes before 10.1MB.
thanks

Reply #4
quick workaround - make a column with %filesize%, sort by it, then collapse it.

Reply #5
sorry, i don't understand, won't %fliesize% give it to me in bytes?
-edit, ohhh i see what you mean! thank you, but, it's not what i want, as you guessed by 'quick workaround'