Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Feature request: hi res audio output (Read 1666 times) previous topic - next topic

Feature request: hi res audio output

We need a hi-res output for foobar player the same as Poweramp, for example, qualcomm 625 have full support of 24/192 output and Poweramp player plays music with the same parameters. But  currently foobar have only 92khz resampled and no hires output.

Re: Feature request: hi res audio output

Reply #1
Sorry, that is not accurate.  foobar2000 will play/convert hi-res PCM (and DSD with the necessary add-on components).

Reply #2
If foobar plays hi-res pcm as is (as example, song in 24/192 on a Sanpgragon 625 as 24/192) - how can I understand this? I don't have any tip about current output parameters of each song. And why resample doesn't have 24 bits and 192 khz on a phone with 625 Qualcomm which supports these features?

Reply #3
Sorry, I'm just now understanding that you are using foobar2000 on Android. I'm not familiar with it and can't help. I'd be surprised if it couldn't play 24/192, though.