Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Odd AccurateRip results (Read 23912 times) previous topic - next topic

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #25
@Fandango: The only thing which could help here is a distinction if it is a pressed CD or a CD-R/RW while ripping. I don't know if this is possible.

@spoon: Are you the only developer of AR? Or are there also some "freelancers"?

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #27
>What are the chances that this user is, inadvertently, polluting the results data from time to time?

There are effectively 4 billion 'slots' to fill with eronous data, and it takes a fair effort to fill one of those slots.

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #28
The worst thing that can happen is that CRCs of an erranous lossless rip are uploaded en masse (maybe with correct offsets!).

Yet, all it takes is just one upload or two uploads  (in the case that bad data was there first) of non-erroneous data and and then it doesn't matter anymore.  I don't care one iota about people getting false positives because from CD-Rs that were created from discs they did not rip themselves.  If they were legal downloads then so be it; know that you can only prove that your download wasn't corrupt.

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #29
>What are the chances that this user is, inadvertently, polluting the results data from time to time?

There are effectively 4 billion 'slots' to fill with eronous data, and it takes a fair effort to fill one of those slots.

Ok...so the only person likely suffer false positives would be the person in that scenario (since they'd be the source of the multiple positive matches)...got it.

-brendan

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #30
So that nobody comes away from this thread thinking that this 1 in 4 billion figure is valid, it assumes that equal coverage of all data and that any checksum is just as likely as any other.  History will show this to be false:
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index....mp;#entry756260

EagleScout1998,

Do you have anything new to report?

Any results from a sample by sample comparison of the two versions?

Is it possible that you've uploaded AR results with more than one PC or between reinstalling your OS?

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #31
Nothing new to report.

At the time I wrote my first post, the drive in question was connected to the mobo's onboard SATA controllers. I have since connected the drive to a PCI SATA add-on (I needed another channel for another hard disk). I have not yet been able to reproduce the second CRC.

I never got around to performing a sample by sample comparison.

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #32
Accurate (2) - 25BD6EF2

Are you able to rule out the possibility that the two submissions for this particular version of the rip came from you through the use of two different computers or reinstalled OS on one computer between submissions?

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #33
Are you able to rule out the possibility that the two submissions for this particular version of the rip came from you through the use of two different computers or reinstalled OS on one computer between submissions?

No, I can't rule that out that possibility.

Odd AccurateRip results

Reply #35
I've been following along as well, though it appears that two drives give one AR result with a confidence of 4 while one drive gives a different AR result with a confidence of 10.  The fourth drive wasn't able to get an AR match and delivered inconsistent results in two attempts.

Code: [Select]
Used drive  : LITE-ON DVDRW LH-20A1P
Make use of C2 pointers : Yes
Track 17
     Track quality 100.0 %
     Copy CRC 6CC43F51
     Accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [FC233DE5]
     Copy OK

Used drive  : HP      DVD Writer 400c
Make use of C2 pointers : No
Track 17
     Track quality 99.9 %
     Copy CRC 6CC43F51
     Accurately ripped (confidence 4)  [FC233DE5]
     Copy OK

Used drive  : PLEXTOR CD-R   PX-230A
Read mode : Burst
Track 17
     Copy CRC 9EF72F6E
     Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 4)  [03739B0E], AccurateRip returned [FC233DE5]
     Copy finished
Track 17
     Copy CRC 896C151F
     Accurately ripped (confidence 10)  [FD203DE5]
     Copy finished
Track 17
     Test CRC 896C151F
     Accurately ripped (confidence 10)  [FD203DE5]
     Copy OK

Used drive  : TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S162L
Make use of C2 pointers : Yes
Track 17
     Track quality 98.0 %
     Copy CRC BD682A8F
     Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 4)  [FA2D182F], AccurateRip returned [FC233DE5]
     Copy finished
Track 17
     Track quality 99.4 %
     Copy CRC D5A6E456
     Cannot be verified as accurate (confidence 4)  [EAF48E86], AccurateRip returned [FC233DE5]
     Copy finished