Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Play gapless (Read 3093 times) previous topic - next topic

Play gapless

Hi, my problem is that foobar don't play my albums gapless. I have ripped it with EAC in a single file and cue sheet seems to be ok.
This is an example cue of a ripped CD.

Code: [Select]
REM GENRE "Latin Rock"
REM DATE 1998
REM DISCID B20CA20D
REM COMMENT "ExactAudioCopy v0.99pb4"
PERFORMER "Jarabe de palo"
TITLE "Depende"
FILE "Jarabe de palo - Depende.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Depende"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Pura sangre"
    INDEX 00 04:22:24
    INDEX 01 04:25:12

The first song appears in foobar with 4:25, it is correct? I always listen this 2-3 seconds of silence.
It occurs also in flac, and with others CD's.

I don't know what I have to do or if I misunderstood something or I've ripped it wrong.

Thanks.

PD: I'm sorry, I don't speak English very well
PD2: I've upgraded recently to v1.0

Play gapless

Reply #1
Are you sure it is a gapless album?

Play gapless

Reply #2
Did EAC detect gaps when you ripped it? If so, then it is not a gapless album.

Play gapless

Reply #3
I don't know about "gapless album". I did "Detect gaps" with EAC and there are tracks with gaps and tracks without.

But it is not possible to play ignoring the gaps? I thought that foobar reads cue sheet and only plays tracks without playing the gaps. Foobar only ignore gaps if album have no gaps?

Play gapless

Reply #4
"Gapless" in the usual terms means that if you cut a song in the middle into two files and play them back, there is no unnecessary gap between the tracks due to technical reasons (encoder, decoder, player, soundcard, whatever).
It doesn't mean that the player guesses that part of the input song is a gap and ignores it during playback.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Play gapless

Reply #5
I thought that gap is the difference between INDEX 00 and 01, and foobar will ignore these seconds.

Thanks.

Play gapless

Reply #6
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gapless

For the other thing you want to do, try the built-in Skip Silence DSP.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Play gapless

Reply #7
Oh! Perfect!

Thank you.

Play gapless

Reply #8
Hello everyone, thanks for reading my noob post. This forum seems to be well-populated with knowledgeable peoples...

So, I'm having issues getting foobar2000 to play audio files gaplessly. For example, on Wolf Parade's Expo 86, "Oh You, Old Thing" is meant to transition seamlessly into "Yulia," and when I have the "gapless album" box checked in iTunes it works perfectly. How can I get foobar to do likewise? Unfortunately, I've tried the "skip silence" DSP and it didn't fix the problem. I refuse to go back to the inferior playback quality of iTunes; please help!

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Play gapless

Reply #9
I refuse to go back to the inferior playback quality of iTunes; please help!

foobar2000 does not provide superior sound quality to other players and does not claim to do so. Please see the second-to-last question of the foobar2000 FAQ; as well as #8 of the forum’s terms of service, to which you agreed upon registering and according to which you cannot make these kind of claims without providing evidence (in cases where any could possibly exist, which this is not).