Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Command-line WMA encoder (Read 104795 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Command-line WMA encoder

Reply #50
I don't know about such list. Also remember that you need to register those DLLd anyway (via regsvr32).

Reply #51
I don't know about such list. Also remember that you need to register those DLLd anyway (via regsvr32).

I confess that my aim is to use your encoder under Linux and Wine, so I am trying to work out the most minimal installation required under Wine to get it all running...

Reply #52
How to make so that at 48 kbps encoding, he circumcised at 16 kHz instead of 12 kHz?

Reply #53
You likely mean the low pass filtering. Sorry, if you want that much frequency response from that low a bitrate, you'll either need to use WMA Pro, or another codec, such as Opus or AAC HEv2.

(Quick hint, most English speaking people only use that word to refer to the removal of the foreskin from the penis.)

Reply #54
wma standart play almost all mp3 players. WMA Pro, Opus and AAC HEv2 almost no one plays.

Reply #55
Good luck finding a high quality third party WMA encoder. Microsoft's encoder won't let you change anything other than the bitrate profile.

Reply #56
Can someone please help me with this encoder?  I'm trying to run a FLAC to WMA (lossless) conversion, but need help pointing to the correct encoder and using the correct parameters.

My car's GraceNote system only supports lossless in WMA format for some odd reason.  No FLAC or ALAC.
JXL

Reply #57
Nevermind.  I figured it out.

Place both WMAEncode,exe and WMAEncode64.exe in the C:/Windows/Program Files (x86)/Foobar2000/Encoders/ folder.

Select custom encoder and set the encoder file as the WMAEncode64.exe file that you just saved.  At least that is what worked for me on Windows 10.

Encoder file: C:/Windows/Program Files (x86)/Foobar2000/Encoders/WMAEncode64.exe
Extension: wma
Parameters: --codec lossless -input %s -output %d

Am I missing anything?

Thanks in advance.
JXL

Reply #58
Update: --silent --codec lossless - %d

Works flawlessly, but the GraceNote POS system does not support gapless playback when connecting your music via a flash drive or SSD.  I can only get gapless playback from my iPod Classic through the USB connection.  Even my Samsung S10 has a pause between tracks when hooked up via USB.... total joke.  What else should I expect from a software designed by a Sony owned company? MP3, AAC, and WMA files loaded on a flash drive, my Samsung S10, and a 500 GB SSD all played and the tags were readable and searchable through the HUD, but there was a pause between each and every track..  kills DJ mixes completely. *GRACENOTE FAILS*

FYI... fully updated GraceNote in my car to the latest and did a bunch of research on it.  Looks like I'll have to shell out $450 to get Android Auto installed in my car from the dealership.  They have an upgrade program going on that replaces the USB hub with a more powerful one and installs Android Auto in the car.  Might fix this mess and allow me to enjoy lossless and gapless music in my ride.
JXL