Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Good price on Grado SR-60, others... (Read 4950 times) previous topic - next topic

Good price on Grado SR-60, others...

Just wanted to drop a note on this...

Decibel Audio is offering free ground shipping thru June... here's their homepage:

http://www.decibelaudio.com

Grado SR-60's are $64.95, free shipping.  They sell a bunch of other stuffz too...

Dunno anything about this company, but I've had reasonable luck with "Yahoo stores" in the past.

Cheers...

Reply #1
P.S... Decibel Audio shipped my order for Grado SR-60's *today* (same-day), can't complain with free shipping.  Now I feel that it's an excellent deal, I don't know anyone else selling them for under $69.95, let alone with free shipping.

Reply #2
You will have to let us know how your experience with DeciBel Audio of Chicago works out. My choice in the past has always been Headroom of Montana. They sell Grado at fixed pricing. $69.00 plus Fed-Ex shipping for SR-60. Lowest I have seen before this is an occasional $66 on eBay.

Anyone tried the China made SR-40? Is it worth $40? Does it sound at least 2/3 as good as SR-60?

Reply #3
q: how would Grado SR-60's compare to sennheiser hd 265?
PANIC: CPU 1: Cache Error (unrecoverable - dcache data) Eframe = 0x90000000208cf3b8
NOTICE - cpu 0 didn't dump TLB, may be hung

Reply #4
Originally posted by darwyn
You will have to let us know how your experience with DeciBel Audio of Chicago works out.

Sure... shipping was free, and they shipped the same day.  It's now one day later and according to UPS, the item will arrive Friday, June 21.

Unless the headphones are defective, it's a great experience so far.  If they have to be returned, that's where the real test appears, but since they have a physical storefront (not a suite or PO box) with a phone number to call, I doubt it would be any more trouble than any other place -- possibly even easier than others.

Reply #5
Originally posted by darwyn
You will have to let us know how your experience with DeciBel Audio of Chicago works out. My choice in the past has always been Headroom of Montana. They sell Grado at fixed pricing. .00 plus Fed-Ex shipping for SR-60. Lowest I have seen before this is an occasional  on eBay.

Speaking of those crazy Hearoom guys..  if you're near their "World Tour" cities  (Seattle, fewtch..)  you might want to check it out..  They're going around the country with a truckload of headphones, headphone amps, etc..  and let people try them all to get the direct experience..

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=138  (if this dosent work,  main page has a link to the Tour)

Of course,  this could result in dangerous amounts of money being spent...  so maybe you don't want to go...

Reply #6
and..  haven't tried them myself.. but many on the forums say that the Grado '60s are one of the best sounding phones that are suitable for being direct driven by portables /soundcards/low end gear.

Above that in quality,  they tend to be high impedence,  and really need a headphone amp to bring out their best qualities

Reply #7
Originally posted by JonPike
and..  haven't tried them myself.. but many on the forums say that the Grado '60s are one of the best sounding phones that are suitable for being direct driven by portables /soundcards/low end gear.

Above that in quality,  they tend to be high impedence,  and really need a headphone amp to bring out their best qualities

My headphones have impedance 300 ohm and they are very loud only driven by the line out on the soundcard. So I don't see the coupling between high impedance and need of an amplifier. Feel free to enlight me...