Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491872 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #100
Well, can I suggest then that it accepts multiple URLs, separated by space, tab and/or newline? The setlist.fm site will give me a lot of Youtube links, and there's always a browser add-on to grab them all, but as of now I have to add them one by one.

Reply #101
Well, can I suggest then that it accepts multiple URLs, separated by space, tab and/or newline? The setlist.fm site will give me a lot of Youtube links, and there's always a browser add-on to grab them all, but as of now I have to add them one by one.

Can you tell me what add-on for browser do that? And how it recive links and grab them all? If i recieve youtube links in txt or similar, i can open them in foobar with WSH.
Marc and Romor can do this from html but seams that they dont interested. So i must find some solution for me...

Reply #102
There are lots of them. This for Firefox, for example: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/multi-links/
Mark a rectangle with the mouse and grab all links inside it.
Make a web search and find one which by default works the way you think you want to operate it, for your favourite browser. Here's one for Opera: https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/deta...nks/?display=en

Reply #103

Sure, this will be added. Anyway need make own 'Add' dialog due to few reasons.

Reply #104
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.9.zip

Changes:
- log as UI element. This is first tab available as UI element. Each tab planned to be available as separated UI element
- default action setup for double click in search
- proxy support. For requests made by component. Placed in Advanced preferences group

This version also contains yet another try to fix 'Forbidden (403)'

Reply #105
Not one single 403 even searching and playing Eminem. You can tell it's struggling getting around the issue and the seekbar appears after few seconds but it works

Why don't you work on a component for Grooveshark instead of YouTube?

Reply #106
It seems to work pretty well, thanks a lot! I have a feature request: drag and drop from the search tab to a playlist.

Reply #107
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.9.zip

Changes:
- log as UI element. This is first tab available as UI element. Each tab planned to be available as separated UI element
- default action setup for double click in search
- proxy support. For requests made by component. Placed in Advanced preferences group

This version also contains yet another try to fix 'Forbidden (403)'

What does proxy support do?

Reply #108
I assume it allows you to use a proxy so that you can bypass region restrictions (this cannot be viewed in Country X) and/or remain anonymous to the all seeing Google-Eye etc ... But since you've been pushing for Last.fm support you perhaps aren't too worried about data-mining issues?   

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #109
You can tell it's struggling getting around the issue and the seekbar appears after few seconds but it works

Need to download pretty more data in case of such clips so this delay appears. I'll add some caching to reduce it

I have a feature request: drag and drop from the search tab to a playlist.

Yep, this was mentioned before. Drag&drop will be in next ver

I assume it allows you to use a proxy

Yes, it is that proxy. Analogue of foobar setting from 'Preferences -> Networking -> Proxy server: Specify proxy address'. There are no official way to use settings from there so better was just add one more setting instead of trying to steal it from there.

Reply #110
I assume it allows you to use a proxy

Yes, it is that proxy. Analogue of foobar setting from 'Preferences -> Networking -> Proxy server: Specify proxy address'. There are no official way to use settings from there so better was just add one more setting instead of trying to steal it from there.

Well that's sensible anyway, as you may want to use a different proxy for YouTube.

C.
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)

Reply #111
I assume it allows you to use a proxy so that you can bypass region restrictions (this cannot be viewed in Country X) and/or remain anonymous to the all seeing Google-Eye etc ... But since you've been pushing for Last.fm support you perhaps aren't too worried about data-mining issues?   

C.

I'm not  worried that someone might steal my information or follow my IP, i don't have nothing to hide, so...
Last.fm is based on your choice to share some information with your friends about what you listen..
Anyway i didn't talk that you must login to your acount to listen Radio-Youtube, this works offline..
What i'm talking is to use last.fm only as recomendation service, to receive youtube video links. Because youtube itself don't have such good recomendation service..

This is example, -can be used as offline(to play youtube-radio):  http://www.last.fm/music/Madonna/_/Hung+Up/+similar
*you recieve tracks, and on every new track played you recieve different artist and tracks..

If 3dyd don't want that metod, then i suggest something similar, with youtube service itself, but i prefer last.fm.

3dyd, question for you: can we expect, some 'youtube-radio' future, in this component?
Sorry if i bother you with that, i will not mention this again, i think maybe you will revise your decision..

It does not necessarily have anything to do with last.fm, it's just my suggestion, because they have milions tracks..
You can do this with youtube itself. It should not be a priority, but, would you consider this as a future?
Everything you've done so far is amazing. I really enjoy in this component..
I mean , for you, this is so easy, with your knowledge...

Btw.. I found way to play 'video in same time when foobar play audio' , so 'you have video and sound', this include WSH and portable browser besides. But my opinion is that this is not necessary because foobar is audio player..

Reply #113
@musikomaniak
Ok, I see it. It's a pity! Will try to make more advanced way for such clips. For now problem stays opened and not need to mention it again.

@mire777
Main purpose of this component - add possibility to play audio from Youtube urls. Anything other (feeds support, Search, Art etc) - is additional stuff which added to same component because there are no reasons to make separated components for them. I do not have to, and would not like to decide what there will be in perspective and what will not. Things, explicitly related to Youtube, have first priority for me, and there are still may things which I'd like to add. Anything else - don't know now. Please don't mention this again.

Reply #114
New version:
foo_youtube_0.0.10.zip

Changes:
- added 'Add Youtube URLs...' dialog. Read note below
- added drag&drop from search results list
- added caching for some data. Should speed up work in some cases

Own Add dialog has few differences with 'Add location...'. If url was not recognized as valid Youtube clip/feed url then it will not be added to playlist. Also adding goes little faster because it bypasses standard url processing by foobar and goes immediately to a component. Multiple links allowed (resize window for this, each link should be on separated line). Supported both single clip urls and feed urls, they also can be mixed together. Who anyway prefer 'Add location...' - this way works as usual and new 'Add' command can be removed using Advanced settings group.

Reply #116
I made many trials with version 0.0.10 using add location, add url, changing slow/fast, changing media downloading, I have various errors:
Unable to open item for playback (3dydfy: found no media files for playback):
"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Zo4AVL7AE"

Unable to open item for playback (Unsupported format or corrupted file (array access out of range)):

Unable to open item for playback (Forbidden (403)):

Unable to open item for playback (I/O error (3dydfy: init)):
"3dydfy://youtube.com/watch?v=ritHAj_gjz4"

I also used the search tab in Youtube source - searching "Queen" - some clips work. It seems that those working display AAC codec. For others the tab codec is empty.

Reply #117
Foobar with youtube(radio) recommendation.. testing.. video
Thanks to Marc who help...

Reply #118
*mire777
Looks good ,i would like to have this in component, not in wsh.
I don't like wsh.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3dyd, can this search window be separated from youtube source-window, to be smaller. When enter search query there to send all results to playlist 'youtube[search]'.
And if possible:
When click on some artist in any playlist, to have context menu:
-Search For Same Artist
-Search For Same Artist+Track
-Get Recommendatinos

All found clips to be send in diferent playlist named: youtube[%artist%], youtube[%artist%+%track%], youtube[%search query%] , youtube[%recommended%]...

Reply #119
With latest version i can play just few songs, i cant play https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcqQ69Bza6o...CAC2FEA2CC0658D for example

"3dydfy://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcqQ69Bza6o&list=PL9CAC2FEA2CC0658D"
or
Unable to open item for playback (Forbidden (403)):

Reply #120
I cannot. I just see cover and biography.

Reply #121
I cannot. I just see cover and biography.

For me works..
Why don't you use proxy in preferences>advanced?
This problem you have is related on location, and your country.
Try some proxy, here you have some who works: http://hidemyass.com/proxy-list/

Try if this solve your problem..

Reply #122
Hi mire777, but I have had youtube working with previous versions.
Sorry, I don't know how and were use proxy!
In Foobar>preferences>Advanced I have "Networking" with "Allow seeking over http" checked

Reply #123
Hi mire777, but I have had youtube working with previous versions.
Sorry, I don't know how and were use proxy!
In Foobar>preferences>Advanced I have "Networking" with "Allow seeking over http" checked

It is located in preferences>advanced>tools>youtube source>proxy
There you enter proxy, this is quick solution for you, until this be fixed...
But you have to find fast-working proxy..

For me all works well, don't have problem on any video, so far i played 2000 clips with all versions..
Also for me work's other videos too, not only from youtube but from other sites. Example from: https://vimeo.com/

Reply #124
I know nothing about proxy (and many other things).
I found tools and tried a few countries.
I just have to wright the ip address?