Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: .cue file syntax for a stop instruction (Read 1637 times) previous topic - next topic

.cue file syntax for a stop instruction

Hi all,
Are there any .cue file experts out there who could help with a little query?
Does anybody know the syntax for an instruction inside a .cue file to tell the playing to stop at a certain point? I have a flac file of a live concert. There's a soloists' encore halfway through it that I would to play more often than the rest of the concert. I can edit the original cue file (the one that plays the flac file from beginning to end) so that it starts at the point where the encore is about to begin. But after that it just ploughs on to the end of the concert. How can I get it to stop at the end of the piece I want to listen to?
TIA.

Re: .cue file syntax for a stop instruction

Reply #1
I don't think such a thing exists.    CUE files were originally intended for burning CDs and you wouldn't want to stop/pause in the middle of a burn.

If you have (or make) individual tracks you can control what you play with a playlist.   Or, you could make a special edit of the concert that ends after the solo and/or make a separate file for the solo, etc.

Reply #2
Many thanks, what you said not only makes sense but explains why I could find no answer on the internet in the first place, despite many searches.
I shall have to look into other methods of playing a flac file, or alternatively get an editing program and snip out the bit i want into a separate file.

Reply #3
* * * CUE files were originally intended for burning CDs * * *
Sorry but that's not good understanding or definition of cue file.
A cue sheet, or cue file, is a metadata file which describes how the tracks of a CD or DVD are laid out. ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sheet_(computing)

kangxi , in 2 words... cuesheet is not made to do that things. That is issue of audio player. For example, do buy foobar2000 (it's not expensive) and than do the next:
Code: [Select]
PERFORMER "Steely Dan"
TITLE "Gaucho"
FILE "Gaucho.ape" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Babylon Sisters"
    INDEX 01 02:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Another TITLE"
    INDEX 01 02:10:01
In Track 01 Audio, set index1 on the beginning of your passage. In Track 02 Audio set the end of it (in my example, interesting passage is 10 seconds + 1 frame). Start cue, pause it and choose in playback option (order) Repeat Truck. (Truck 01 must be active) That will do the trick. Sure, it should be the copy of original cuesheet, something as, My Favourite Solo.cue