Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_tradersfriend (Read 142646 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #75
Manually adding tracknumber tags is only necessary, if the component cannot extract them from the filename. It should be able to do this with the filename format kpeters59 gave above.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #76
foosion, I get a 404 when I try to download the plugin (0.5.0) through this link found on your new page.

I also failed in trying to download the 0.6.0pre version from the server you moved away from, however I managed to scrape up this link and it worked.

Could you please fix this?

Thanks.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #77
The links should be fixed now. At least the W3C link checker didn't complain about anything important anymore. (It doesn't understand the java script: link for the Mycroft script.)

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #78
This plugin is brilliant. Thanks. Just tried it on one show and I had to massage it a bit (pre auto tracknumber before using the live show option), then it worked perfectly. It might be nice to add in a file rename option, but it was easy to do it afterwards. I'll go home and try it on all my other shows.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #79
Thanks, you're welcome.

File renaming is already available as part of masstagger, and I don't intend to duplicate that feature.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #80
Okay, I tried it on 20-30 other shows. For the most part it was fairly robust. However, I did have a couple issues.

I can't figure out how it picks the text file to use. (I just read that it tries the file with the most common prefix...so I'll try that) but when I try to pick a different text file to load, it doesn't update the trackinfo on the left so it's not useable. I have to rename the file to the file it originally selected and then pull it up again. (again I'll try the most common prefix thing)

The exclude text files feature didn't seem to work, it still picked ffp.txt and fingers.txt over info.txt (I think I should have renamed info.txt to something matching the filenames)

Parsing:

It can't parse tracknames without a space between the number and the track.(easily hand fixable)

It's good at removing tracktimes after the titles that are enclosed in parens but not so good with brackets.

Adding tracknumbers and discnumbers beforehand definitely helps in case it gets confused.

Thanks again....back to tagging more shows.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #81
I can't figure out how it picks the text file to use. (I just read that it tries the file with the most common prefix...so I'll try that) but when I try to pick a different text file to load, it doesn't update the trackinfo on the left so it's not useable. I have to rename the file to the file it originally selected and then pull it up again. (again I'll try the most common prefix thing)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
This is admittedly one of the not-so-obvious things in the current UI. If you manually assign some files to a new text file, it will not switch to the new text file.

The exclude text files feature didn't seem to work, it still picked ffp.txt and fingers.txt over info.txt (I think I should have renamed info.txt to something matching the filenames)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Hm, is this with the default filter string? I'm surprised it would pick up ffp.txt; fingers.txt on the other hand is not excluded by the default filter.

It can't parse tracknames without a space between the number and the track.(easily hand fixable)[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Known, and as I don't like leaving out spaces there, it probably won't be "fixed".

It's good at removing tracktimes after the titles that are enclosed in parens but not so good with brackets.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Right, I'll note that for a future version.

Adding tracknumbers and discnumbers beforehand definitely helps in case it gets confused.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=339349"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's certainly a good idea, if it cannot figure things out all by itself, and I think it has been mentioned in this thread at least once.

All of the above pertains to the 0.9 version. Sorry if you are still on 0.8.3, I haven't used that version in a while.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #82
Is there any way to add custom tags from the text file?  I would like to add a tag called Source that prints the source info from the normal etree text file.

Thanks.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=266979"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

This would be a great feature for a great component.  I hope you consider adding it at some point.

Thanks

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #83
DELETED
Is over the of = % over 100

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #84
hi there!

just gave this plugin a try (this is heaven once it works!!) but i have the "every track is track 01" problem, too. i'm using fb09 and the latest? foo_tradersfriend 0.6.1. i've tried different naming schemes for my files but it just won't work...

here's what i tried already:

- bff1999-10-10d01t01

- bff1999-10-10d01t02

- bff19991010t03

- bff1999-10-10t04

- bff19991010d1t5

- bff1999-10-10#06

any suggestions? i don't see what i'm doing wrong here 

thanx, pano

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #85
just gave this plugin a try (this is heaven once it works!!) but i have the "every track is track 01" problem, too. i'm using fb09 and the latest? foo_tradersfriend 0.6.1. i've tried different naming schemes for my files but it just won't work...[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377413"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
I'm not sure but I think that the live show tagger requires an additional text file containing the information for tagging. If you don't have this text file, I think you could try using "guess values from filenames" in the Masstagger ("Edit tags" in the right click menu) though you probably have to add some missing values manually.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #86
thanx, but that's not the problem: the txt is analyzed fine, the tracks and date and band and all is there, but every file is taken for track 1 so that every tag will become like track one...

but i did come up with a workaround: i applied a tracknumber tag first with the masstagger, then it worked just fine. is this a bug or the standard procedure that i didn't get at first?? 

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #87
I've marked whether a format should work:
- bff1999-10-10d01t01 yes

- bff1999-10-10d01t02 yes

- bff19991010t03 yes

- bff1999-10-10t04 yes

- bff19991010d1t5 yes

- bff1999-10-10#06 no[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=377413"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Note that an existing tracknumber or discnumber tag will override detection from filename.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #88
Yeah, I've added autotracknumber as a tagging script. I've also added discnumber=2 as a script. If it ever gets confused, I apply these 2 scripts and usually that fixes things.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #89
foosion - I would like to thank you for your efforts in writing and maintaining this great tool.  I have a large number of shows in flac format that I need to archive, and hardly any are tagged.  Tags are not only very "nice" for playing flacs in foobar, but can also be helpful in keeping track of show lineage.  If I construct my info files to match the specifications, everything has worked fine, with a couple of exceptions.  The biggest problem I have had so far is trying to isolate the song title from information that follows.  For example, there are many artists (i.e. Bob Dylan, Neil Young) that will play a number of songs with their respective bands, and also play some songs solo, acoustic, or both.  If it is mainly an electric show, for example, it is customary to mark the solo or acoustic tracks with parenthesis:
[...]
d1t04. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
d1t05. Silvio
d1t06. Mr. Tambourine Man (acoustic w-band)
d1t07. Tangled Up In Blue (acoustic w-band)
[...]
also, if a "cover" is performed, it is nice to be able to note the original songwriter in parenthesis:
[...]
d1t08.  Baby Let Me Follow You Down (Eric von Schmidt)
d1t09.  It's All Over Now, Baby Blue
[...]

In addition, I like to use square brackets to include the timings from shntool LEN output in my infofile, so I can end up with something like this:
[...]
d1t08.  Baby Let Me Follow You Down (Eric von Schmidt) [2:56.21]
d1t09.  It's All Over Now, Baby Blue [5:53.05]
[...]
I've found that the parenthesis gets included in the song title, and the square brackets seem to prevent the song titles from being correctly read.
I've tried using the ";" delimiter to separate the song title from what follows, but the delimiter gets included in the song title: 
[...]
d1t08.  Baby Let Me Follow You Down; (Eric von Schmidt) [2:56.21]
d1t09.  It's All Over Now, Baby Blue; [5:53.05]
[...]

Am I missing something?  Maybe I just haven't tried enough permutations, but is there a delimiter that would work in separating the song title from information that follows (or could one be provided)? Alternately, would it be difficult to have Trader's Friend ignore anything in any kind of parenthesis/bracket after the song title?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #90
On the shows I have here, additional information about a track is stored in text files using footnotes (see below for more information).

I have Information about original songwriters in brackets here, though parentheses shoudn't be a problem unless the name of original songwriter can be confused with a track length (unlikely).

The component currently only detects and removes track lengths in parentheses but not in brackets.
It also removes unenclosed track lengths at the end of the line (a following segue marker is still recognized). A hyphen surrounded by whitespace preceding the track lengths is also removed.
In both cases it stops scanning the title after finding a track length.

There is no delimiter character that makes the component stop reading a title (but see remark about track length above), though it does remove/modify some patterns:
  • Zero or more hyphens followed by a greater-than sign (examples: > -> ------>)
    These are recognized as segue markers and are replaced by a single greater-than sign; spaces are added on either side if necessary.
  • ^ # @ * ! + $ & § ~ %
    One or more consecutive occurences of one of these characters are recognized as a footnote marker, if they occur at the end of the title or before a segue marker. For example, + and ++ would be recognized as (different) footnote markers. All of those characters were added to the footnote marker list after I encountered them in existing text files.
    A footnote marker is removed from the title, and the next definition of that footnote is added as a comment on that track. A footnote definition is a line starting with a footnote marker followed by the footnote text. Footnote markers are sometimes re-used in shows with multiple sets, the definition of the footnote for a particular set will be found after the track list of that set.

Examples:
  • um2005-02-25.txt: Features footnotes, freestanding track lengths, ">" segue markers with preceding whitespace
  • sts9_2003-02-18.txt: "->" segue markers without preceding whitespace
  • sts9-2002-07-04.txt: a case where at least I wouldn't want information in parentheses to be removed

Some of the parsing rules may seem obscure, but all of them were inspired by text files found in the wild (i.e. on etree or archive.org for the most part). While the examples above seem rather clean and easy to handle, my original test corpus (provided by ssamadhi97) was much more diversified and... uhm... interesting.
(Historical sidenote: ssamadhi97 is also to blame for infecting me with live shows. Without him, foo_shn and foo_tradersfriend would probably not exist today. Not to forget that he also introduced me to foobar2000 in the first place...)

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #91
Thank you foosion, your reply clarifies my options considerably when I need to write my own info files.  I remember when etree started in reaction to widespread mp3 pollution on the internet in parallel with increasing availability of broadband.  I admire the results they obtained in creating standards for working their way towards widely circulating "best available sources" for many live shows, but in the wild west-world of bittorrent there seems to be no standards on most lossless sites, and even otherwise fine and generous tapers will fight to the internet-equivalent of death for the "right" to name their folders "MySeed(2)" and other such nonsense (and don't even dare mildly inquire about show lineage on some sites: you will be called ungrateful, branded as a pariah, and be cast out of "polite" bittorrent society ).  Thus I often find that I must reluctantly rename folders and filenames, and create new info files in order to maintain and back up proper digital archives.  This process is so time-consuming that I am always in arrears, so that is why I appreciate foo_tradersfriend so much: anything that helps me automate the process is very useful.

If I am correctly following your examples above, then a properly-formatted track timing itself will serve as a delimiter; information before the track timing will be included, and information after the track timing is ignored.  I can also make use of footnotes to help solve my problem, with the added benefit of having the footnotes included as comments. Cool.

At risk of sounding "greedy", I would add my voice to those above in requesting that a capability for adding Taper/Source/Lineage info to the tag comments field be included in some future version of foo_tradersfriend. That would make my "foo_tradersfriend experience" complete. 

P.S. I also blame ssamadhi97 for spreading infections, in my case, a completely unnatural interest in detecting the effects of psychoacoustic algorithms and analog artifacts in audio spectral analysis...just where does that guy get off? 

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #92
I have been using the tradersfriend on one of my computers and I really like it - most of my music is live music  I downloaded so this plug in is great and one of the main reasons I use foobar.  I tried setting it up on another computer with a fresh install of foobar and for some reason the tradersfriend is not working.  When I go to live tagger it says the text file is unresolved - when I select the txt file it reads it but doesn't tag.  When I go to the drop down menu tagging>view text fiel it says "not yet implemented".  The txt file is in the folder and formatted  so it shoud read them.  My other computer works fine with the same files,

Thanks for any help and I do really lke this plug in.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #93
You need to select the tracks from the "[unresolved]" and use the "Assign Text File" command from the context menu. There are a few things in the user interface of the live show tagger that I would like to change, if I ever get around to do it.

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #94
Hi, i dont understand how to use this great sounding plugin....
How would i go about this, here is an example.
Artist: Bob Dylan
Song: Like A Rolling Stone
Album: Royal Albert Hall

Because i write that in notepad and save it but it dont load right, could some one please help me understand

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #95
GREAT PLUGIN .......

really saving me some time with regards to naming files.

A couple of Suggestions:

Since it is aimed at tagging LIVE shows, how about adding these fields / features:

1.  The ability to read / detect the source of the live recording:  (this information is 99.9% always included in text files of shows people post for download

EX: Schoeps > Lunatec > DAP-1  OR Soundboard Recording

2. Ability to list special notes:

sometimes live shows have a first time or only time played song, a special guest come out or something and is usually noted with a * in the text file

just some ideas ......... keep up the good work

PS ......

with the date tab, it doesn't seem to read this format

YYYY/MM/DD  which is the best way to sort shows of a single artist by date

EX:  2008/10/31

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #98
thanks for quickness

foo_tradersfriend

Reply #99
I have used this plugin before, but for some reason simply cannot get it to work with my current install of Foobar 9.5.2.  I'll select a show, click Live Show Tagger, it will pop up and show "all tracks match", but when I click "update files" it appears to update them but the tags are not changed in the file.  I confess this has gotten utterly maddening. 

Thanks for any suggestions anyone can offer.  I'm using WinXp.