Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: EAC suddenly not applying Album Art to flacs anymore (Read 27272 times) previous topic - next topic

EAC suddenly not applying Album Art to flacs anymore

Good Day

I've spent the past couple weeks ripping all my CDs to flac.
I did around 200-300 CDs without any problem, and even reripped a bunch of them cause i was unsatisfied with the resolution of the album art (i know i could've done this with a separate software as well).
Anyway, today i went through my entire library and found a handfull of CDs i deicided to rerip to update the album art. Only that after ripping them all i noticed that EAC had still saved them with the previous file that was on it. So i went ahead and deleted them all, restarted my pc and tried ripping them in a different folder this time.
The first two tracks had the updated album art, but all the ones after it dont have any artwork on them anymore. And anything i've tried to rip since has also been saved without album art. I've reinstalled EAC and redid all my settings and everything but it's still not working.

How do i fix this? It worked fine for literal weeks and i didnt change a thing until it already fucked up.

Here's my commandline, in case it's an issue with that (though again, it worked fine): -8 -e -p -V -T "ARTIST=%artist%" -T "TITLE=%title%" -T "ALBUM=%albumtitle%" -T "DATE=%year%" -T "TRACKNUMBER=%tracknr%" -T "GENRE=%genre%" -T "DISCNUMBER=%cdnumber%" -T "TOTALDISCS=%totalcds%" %hascover%--picture="%coverfile%"%hascover% %source% -o %dest%

UPDATE: Just downloaded Mp3tag and tried changing the covers with that. Doesnt work either, just changes the preview image in my file explorer but it's still the old one if opened in the music player.

Re: EAC suddenly not applying Album Art to flacs anymore

Reply #1
What music player? Does the music player archive the art work instead of rereading it?

Reply #2
On the pc i use groove music, just to quickly check if everything is fine, and then i also checked on my samsung galaxy phones music player which i mainly use.
I assume they read the artwork directly from the file, especially when playing in shuffle mode.
I dont see the music players being the issue since all other tracks are showing up fine.

Reply #3
rerip to update the album art.

Errrr ... why?!?

All you need is the album art. That is found on the internet, not on the CD.

UPDATE: Just downloaded Mp3tag and tried changing the covers with that. Doesnt work either, just changes the preview image in my file explorer but it's still the old one if opened in the music player.

What does Mp3tag say about the album art?
Do you have any picture file in the folder?