Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: WavPack 4.80 Final Release (Read 6528 times) previous topic - next topic

WavPack 4.80 Final Release

This will probably be the final release in the version 4 line, and I believe that it is the most stable WavPack to date. Because of some of the fixes here, I recommend everyone using WavPack should migrate to this version, including all the plug-ins.

• full Unicode console suppport on Windows platform
  • new option --pre-quantize to truncate high-resolution files to a specified depth
  • updated Cool Edit, Audition (all versions), DirectShow, and Winamp plugins
  • Mac OS X fat binaries (i386 & x86_64) are also available now
  • miscellaneous other fixes and portability improvements

complete changelog
WavPack downloads

Re: WavPack 4.80 Final Release

Reply #1
I created gcc 4.8.2 executables with mingw in case anyone is interested in trying them. Encoding gets a decent speedup in both versions, while decoding is faster only on the x64 version (at least on my older system).

They seem stable on Windows, but I did notice several issues under Wine that don't happen with the official builds (like after running wavpack.exe without command-line arguments, the console won't echo typed characters!) and so they are provided “as-is”.