Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Biography Discussion (Read 228525 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Biography Discussion

Reply #1075
Hi
This plugin is great. But when i reinstall foobar it crashed. Why? Someone have same problem?

Reply #1076
Hey there! I have been trying to sort this out for a really long time (wasted too many hours of my life) But just love this plugin so much and would really like to get it working fully!
I have the latest 1.4.2 version installed and latest JScript on foobar2000 version 1.6.7.0. Everything seems to be working fine except the classic "NO PHOTO" Problem with the artist image..
If anyone has any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated! I have read this entire discussion, every page and tried every fix but nothing seems to work!
Appreciate your time in putting this plugin together in the first place, Cheers.

Reply #1077
Hey there! I have been trying to sort this out for a really long time (wasted too many hours of my life) But just love this plugin so much and would really like to get it working fully!
I have the latest 1.4.2 version installed and latest JScript on foobar2000 version 1.6.7.0. Everything seems to be working fine except the classic "NO PHOTO" Problem with the artist image..
If anyone has any suggestions to fix this would be greatly appreciated! I have read this entire discussion, every page and tried every fix but nothing seems to work!
Appreciate your time in putting this plugin together in the first place, Cheers.

If you elaborate what this classic problem is, I might be able to help you out since I'm not aware of this problem and certainly don't have any issues with Biography.

Reply #1078

If you elaborate what this classic problem is, I might be able to help you out since I'm not aware of this problem and certainly don't have any issues with Biography.

Excuse me for not providing enough details! Basically everything is seeming to work except the downloading of the "artist" images for instance the plugin is able to show the album cover of the album playing but when i switch to the last.fm view the artist image is not shown and instead an image showing 'NO PHOTO' is present.. Checking in the directory where these images are meant to be saved, nothing is present, however I am able to get all the last.fm info... I have tried many different mainstream artists, I have tried downgrading to older versions of the plugin but nothing seems to work.
attached is an image of the issue i am speaking of, cheers for the help in advance.

Reply #1079

Excuse me for not providing enough details! Basically everything is seeming to work except the downloading of the "artist" images for instance the plugin is able to show the album cover of the album playing but when i switch to the last.fm view the artist image is not shown and instead an image showing 'NO PHOTO' is present.. Checking in the directory where these images are meant to be saved, nothing is present, however I am able to get all the last.fm info... I have tried many different mainstream artists, I have tried downgrading to older versions of the plugin but nothing seems to work.
attached is an image of the issue i am speaking of, cheers for the help in advance.

Did you check these biography server settings?

Reply #1080

Did you check these biography server settings?
Yes, been through all of the settings and tried troubleshooting for many days and have gone back to default. Just had a check and seems that my settings all match up with what you have there. I also checked permissions on the folders to see if that might be an issue but all clear there too...

Reply #1081
Also tried a fix that was posted here regarding file name length and that did not help either.. I just find it very strange that I am able to receive all the other info from last.fm but just not getting the artist images.. Again im also able to display the album cover which I already have..

Reply #1082
I also just tried manually putting an image in the folder and it does display, the folders are being created for the artists that I am playing, just again, not downloading for some reason.

Reply #1083
That artist worked fine for me. Maybe something is blocking the download.

Inside your fb2k profile folder, browse to

Code: [Select]
foo_spider_monkey_panel\package_data\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}

Here there should be a file named foo_lastfm_img.vbs

This is used by the script to download images. To test it manually, open a powershell/command prompt in this folder. Run this command

cscript.exe //nologo foo_lastfm_img.vbs https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/770x0/0e5dbdea7c7c4127a1c9155eaedeb0a0.jpg test.jpg

and see if a file named test.jpg gets saved in that folder.

Reply #1084
That artist worked fine for me. Maybe something is blocking the download.

Inside your fb2k profile folder, browse to

foo_spider_monkey_panel\package_data\{BA9557CE-7B4B-4E0E-9373-99F511E81252}

Here there should be a file named foo_lastfm_img.vbs

This is used by the script to download images. To test it manually, open a powershell/command prompt in this folder. Run this command

cscript.exe //nologo foo_lastfm_img.vbs https://lastfm.freetls.fastly.net/i/u/770x0/0e5dbdea7c7c4127a1c9155eaedeb0a0.jpg test.jpg

and see if a file named test.jpg gets saved in that folder.

Seriously thank you both for getting back to me so quickly.. I am bit new to cmd unfortunately and the command doesnt seem to be working! Just saying the specified module could not be found.

Reply #1085
Everything is in that folder by the way and I do have the Foo_lastfm_img.vbs there.

Reply #1086
Well that certainly explains why it isn't working. Something funky is going on which seems very specific to your setup. There should be no problem executing that on any version of windows going right back to the ancient windows xp and probably earlier. If you have any 3rd party anti virus, try disabling it temporarily?? Other than that, I don't really have any ideas.

Reply #1087
Everything is in that folder by the way and I do have the Foo_lastfm_img.vbs there.

Is this by any chance a fresh install of Windows 11?

Windows 11 does not install IE 11 anymore, whicj means you won't have ActtiveX available which is needed by the Biograophy script.

Have a look at this ...
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,120978.msg1041386.html#msg1041386

And check the possible fix (which did not work for me) in the attached picture.

Reply #1088
Well that certainly explains why it isn't working. Something funky is going on which seems very specific to your setup. There should be no problem executing that on any version of windows going right back to the ancient windows xp and probably earlier. If you have any 3rd party anti virus, try disabling it temporarily?? Other than that, I don't really have any ideas.

Thanks so much for the help, it must be just something weird about my windows -- gonna give a few random things a go and if I manage to fix it I will let you know the issue! Loving the plugin regardless. Do not know why I hadn't gotten after 10 years of Foobar use!

Reply #1089
Ooh I seem to be getting somewhere, I downloaded node.js from reading some random forums online and now that cmd script works and I got the test.jpg! but still no changes on the foobar side.. will keep going tho!

Reply #1090

Is this by any chance a fresh install of Windows 11?

Windows 11 does not install IE 11 anymore, whicj means you won't have ActtiveX available which is needed by the Biograophy script.

Have a look at this ...
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,120978.msg1041386.html#msg1041386

And check the possible fix (which did not work for me) in the attached picture.

One more reason @WilB IMHO should consider making the script in JSP3, that has internal built-in methods to download images, make web requests, access local filesystem etc. Also JSP3 can be used in x64, that many users want to switch to.

Reply #1091
There are also plenty of reasons to prefer a SMP x64 build, since JSP3 uses an ancient version of javascript really limited for complex scripts in many aspects. It's like choose your poison.

Some of them maybe can be poly-filled, but IMHO people using BIO should be asking for a SMP x64 build, not to rework the entire script to JSP3 (?). Specially since JSP3 already has its own script for allmusic/lastfm btw.

Reply #1092
There are also plenty of reasons to prefer a SMP x64 build, since JSP3 uses an ancient version of javascript really limited for complex scripts in many aspects. It's like choose your poison.

Some of them maybe can be poly-filled, but IMHO people using BIO should be asking for a SMP x64 build, not to rework the entire script to JSP3 (?). Specially since JSP3 already has its own script for allmusic/lastfm btw.
I also agree, but 2 years have passed away without any changes in SMP. I feel SMP x64 is a long way from being done. @TheQwertiest

Reply #1093
I think this script works fine for the vast majority of people. This vbs issue is a bit obscure to say the least. The easiest fix would be replacing it with curl or similar. It's even included on windows 10/11.

Reply #1094
I think this script works fine for the vast majority of people. This vbs issue is a bit obscure to say the least. The easiest fix would be replacing it with curl or similar. It's even included on windows 10/11.
True.. I use curl to retrieve temporary spotify tokens and download images on my scripts, it gives zero problems.