Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1367349 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #2302

Authorization doesn't work on Ubuntu / Wine.

(FATAL) Error: Network exceptionSecurity error (url: https://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)

[ESCAPE to close]

It's working here with 16.10 and wine development.

Same in my other machine with 16.04 and wine-ppa.

¿Maybe some 32 bits dll missing?

Reply #2303
but now, with this release I'd like to join the artists of hidden tracks the same way, I join the titles of hidden tracks, but I can't get it to work...
$joinnames() is a shortcut for joining artist names using the "join" strings specified on Discogs. (Has been added to help file now.)

What you likely want, for example:

ARTIST = artist1 / artist2 + artist3 / artist 4
TRACK = track1 / hiddentrack2 / hiddentrack3

Try this:
Code: [Select]
$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($array($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$joinnames(%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_JOIN>%)),' / '))

You might want to add a $unique in there so the same artist isn't included twice:
$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($unique($array($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$joinnames(%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_JOIN>%))),' / '))

Version 2.06 is now released.
It reports about itself as 2.05 though
hmmm....is it just my installation of f2k? every time f2k checks for for updated components, it finds the 2.06 version.... so it updates and updates and updates and updates and updates and updates....
Fixed now, thanks.

Reply #2304
Hi,
parsing/fetching those releases
https://www.discogs.com/de/Lester-Young-The-Complete-Lester-Young-Studio-Sessions-On-Verve/release/2506269
https://www.discogs.com/de/Lester-Young-The-Complete-Lester-Young-Studio-Sessions-On-Verve/release/6078084

gives this error:

(FATAL) Error: Error loading release 2506269: JSON Parser ExceptionError parsing release credits.

[ESCAPE to close]

Reply #2305
Minor:
This sentence makes no sense for me:

Reply #2306
but now, with this release I'd like to join the artists of hidden tracks the same way, I join the titles of hidden tracks, but I can't get it to work...
What you likely want, for example:
ARTIST = artist1 / artist2 + artist3 / artist 4
TRACK = track1 / hiddentrack2 / hiddentrack3
Try this:
$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,$joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$join($array($joinnames(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<ARTISTS_JOIN>%),$joinnames(%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_NAME>%,%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_ARTISTS_JOIN>%)),' / '))
Thank you for the example pattern! Very much appreceated!
I found an interesting "glitch", when checking the properties for the tagged files. The first separator is always a ";" (semicolon, as I'd like, because IMMO thats the indicator for multi-tags inside f2k), but the next separators are "," (comma).

Result Screenshot:

You might want to add a $unique in there so the same artist isn't included twice:
I'm not quite sure,  if I need/want a $unique, because that would maybe confuse (or mess up) the order/relationship of artists + tracks.
But I dunno for sure, I just suppose it could be. It needs some example releases with artist-dupes to test on, but I did'nt found some yet...

Reply #2307
Hi,
I'm trying a simple method to display a  "►", when a track heading is found for a/some track/s.

I'm doing this to get an overview right in the Match Tracks window.
This is the place, I add the code: -> F2k->Configuration->Matching->Track Matching Options->Discogs track formatting string:

But, while
$multi_if($multi_strstr(%<ARTISTS_NAME>%,teststring),###, ►)]
is working as expected,
$multi_if($multi_strcmp(%<DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING>%,teststring),####, ►)
is not.

Now, after some hours of banging my head onto the keyboard, I got the impression, that DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING isnt avaiable at this time?

How can I assure, what Tags are available and which not?

Reply #2308
Try %TRACK_HEADING%. No such thing has %<DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING>%.

Reply #2309
Try %TRACK_HEADING%. No such thing has %<DISCOGS_TRACK_HEADING>%.
Now, that you showed it, its obvious to me, that I shouldnt use copy/page too much 8-) ok, well, sorry and thank you!

btw:
the component is not usable anymore (greyed out) after the user made some mistakes to the formatting strings in the config and gets this error message:
(FATAL) Error: Error processing function $multi_longer : Function $multi_longer invalid number of arguments.

[ESCAPE to close]

steps to reproduce:
with this (errornous) string: "$multi_longer(%TRACK_HEADING%,0,ja,nein)"
inserted here: -> F2k->Configuration->Matching->Track Matching Options->Discogs track formatting string

It would be great, if the component would be usable, although the user did mistakes and will not punish him/she/it with a f2k-restart, every time he/she/it makes a mistake  >;-)

Reply #2311
Hi zoomorph,
I think, there is something wrong with the parsing of the hidden tracks (artists),

I don't know, if its the formatting string, or the code of the component, because its working good on some releases, but not good on some others.
Please see the image.

Version 2.06 is now released. Changes:
- Find release filter works on multiple words independently. Words are split by spaces. (There's no way to use quotes to change this behavior.)
A shortish feedback: that new feature is such an ease! its so intuitive and quickly done, to search now for a release NAME on a CD from the year NNNN.
The minor "drawback" about the quotes is not a really a problem at all. After 2 days of testing/working, I find the new search very comfortable and the results are sufficient! thank you. Those are the things, which make working with this fine component even more pleasant!

Reply #2312
It would be great, if the component would be usable, although the user did mistakes and will not punish him/she/it with a f2k-restart, every time he/she/it makes a mistake  >;-)
Good catch. Next version will have fixed error handling for when these formatting strings are bad.

are'nt those discogs conform hidden tracks?

https://www.discogs.com/de/Klaus-Schulze-Mirage/release/2369542
https://www.discogs.com/de/Klaus-Schulze-Mirage/release/870536
https://www.discogs.com/de/x/release/61128
Those are sub-tracks. Hidden tracks are when you have 2 tracks within a single index on a CD. I'm not sure if the concept of hidden tracks applies to records.

Reply #2313
Those are sub-tracks. Hidden tracks are when you have 2 tracks within a single index on a CD. I'm not sure if the concept of hidden tracks applies to records.
I see, ok, will think about it too :-) but for what I can say right now, it seems to me, that the track-titles should be joined into a "master" track, so we have all the titles/names of i.e. a medley.

btw:
in addition to my other post regarding the "strange" behaviour of the joining of tracktitles, I found another release.

After Tagging:

Track Title : Megamix (Music And Lights) / Megamix (Just An Illusion) / Megamix (Flashback)

My wish/expectation would be:

Track Title : Megamix / Music And Lights / Just An Illusion / Flashback
or
Track Title : Megamix - Music And Lights / Just An Illusion / Flashback
or
Track Title : Megamix (Music And Lights / Just An Illusion / Flashback)
but no repetation of the original title "Megamix".

For the artists:
After Tagging:

Artist Name : Imagination / Imagination  Imagination

Imagination;Imagination;Imagination
or
Imagination, Imagination, Imagination

or just
Imagination
(as you proposed for using a $unique,)

(I'm not quite sure, if a $unique should be used as a default, but in this case, it seems valid and correct. But there are other examples, when there are might be a constellaton, like Artist A, Artist B, Artist C, Artist A, Artist B, Artist D ....well...as long as uses can change the formatting string to their wishes....i'm ok with anything which does the preparation of the artists/tracks)

Reply #2314
Zoomorph,

Thank you for your hard work on this plugin. I have 4 questions:

1. Sorry if this issue has already been raised, but on the latest release, I don't see a preview of album art like I used to. Is this a bug? To me that was really important because downloading art is the main reason I use the plugin.

2. Also, I had an idea (just a suggestion). The plugin has two main dialog screens: 'Find Release' then 'Match Tracks'. Why not combine these into one? That way, when you're trying to find the right album, you can simply click an item in the list, and it will load the tracks allowing you to see instantly if it's the right one or not. It would save you having to keep going to the "Next" and "Back" buttons.

3. Also, I don't want to be a nuisance, but just to remind you of a requested feature which would be so helpful to me, as was discussed 6 months ago:

When there are dozens of releases to choose from, finding the right one can be a real chore. Couldn't this be sped up by allowing filters (eg filter out anything containing the word "tape" or "LP")?
Currently you can only enter one filter. Maybe I should change it so that every word entered in the filter box is matched independently.
Please, please, please could you do this? Or better still make a second search bar for filtering out unwanted items. In this search bar you'd have a query like "CD ALBUM US" and what you type there is retained between sessions, since most people will always want to perform the same kind of filtering.

4. Finally, on the "Find Release" dialog, there is usually one release entry with an asterisk next to it, which usually seems to be the correct choice, but not always. What does the asterisk mean please?

Reply #2315
1. Sorry if this issue has already been raised, but on the latest release, I don't see a preview of album art like I used to. Is this a bug? To me that was really important because downloading art is the main reason I use the plugin.
The thumbnail is currently, optionally, displayed on the "Preview Tags" dialog.

2. Also, I had an idea (just a suggestion). The plugin has two main dialog screens: 'Find Release' then 'Match Tracks'. Why not combine these into one? That way, when you're trying to find the right album, you can simply click an item in the list, and it will load the tracks allowing you to see instantly if it's the right one or not. It would save you having to keep going to the "Next" and "Back" buttons.
That's not a bad idea. There's no great for having 2 separate dialogs.

3. Also, I don't want to be a nuisance, but just to remind you of a requested feature which would be so helpful to me, as was discussed 6 months ago:
That was added in the latest version.

4. Finally, on the "Find Release" dialog, there is usually one release entry with an asterisk next to it, which usually seems to be the correct choice, but not always. What does the asterisk mean please?
That's the release set as the "main" release for a master release, in the Discogs database.

Reply #2316
I see, ok, will think about it too :-) but for what I can say right now, it seems to me, that the track-titles should be joined into a "master" track, so we have all the titles/names of i.e. a medley.

btw:
in addition to my other post regarding the "strange" behaviour of the joining of tracktitles, I found another release.

After Tagging:

Track Title : Megamix (Music And Lights) / Megamix (Just An Illusion) / Megamix (Flashback)

or
or

For the artists:
After Tagging:

or

or just
Imagination

(I'm not quite sure, if a $unique should be used as a default, but in this case, it seems valid and correct. But there are other examples, when there are might be a constellaton, like Artist A, Artist B, Artist C, Artist A, Artist B, Artist D ....well...as long as uses can change the formatting string to their wishes....i'm ok with anything which does the preparation of the artists/tracks)
What you are asking for is possible, you'll just have to change the formatting strings. In the case where the sub-tracks are hidden tracks (again, I'm not sure if this is really valid - the guidelines are extremely vague on this subject), you want to use TRACK_SUBTRACK_TITLE instead of TRACK_TITLE.

And for artists you want to return a list of them instead of joining them into a string.

Reply #2317
That's the release set as the "main" release for a master release, in the Discogs database.
there is an "old bug", which will not show the *master release at the top of the list, but only, when you click again on the artist.
can anyone confirm this?

Reply #2318
Zoomorph,

Thank you so much for your very helpful answers :)

just to remind you of a requested feature which would be so helpful to me
That was added in the latest version.
Oh gosh, so it was! I only updated a few days ago but this came out in the meantime!  :-[

Zoomorph, thank you so much for adding this! The plugin is so much better for me now. My only further request here would be that the search bar now seems quite short and regularly has to scroll, given that I am always adding "CD ALBUM UK" to the end of the query. I think the search bar should be maybe twice as long. It is also (very slightly) inconvenient having to type "CD ALBUM UK" every single time I search, so if you could consider adding a second bar which retains the query, that would be good. Or, perhaps allow a custom string to be entered in the settings which will always be added to the query?

Anyway, above all... thank you! :)

Reply #2319
Zoomorph,

Just a humble suggestion of how both dialogs might combined into one screen, this is how I would do it, in case it is any help to you:

Reply #2320
Hi zoomorph,
is it possible to make https connection optional. Currently, it doesn't work with my corporate http-proxy

Thanks!

Reply #2321
Zoomorph,Just a humble suggestion of how both dialogs might combined into one screen, this is how I would do it, in case it is any help to you:

This is quite a good idea, I like it, but I'd like to say, that on big releases (such with a long tracklist, like i.e. compilations),  we do have too less space at the moment to take a good look for all the tracks at once, without scrolling too much (which is a pain, when you compare track by track)

I'd like also to add that it would be very great for the usability, when portions of the windows would be resizable, so we can create our own best view for each release. (say, some releases have really long tracktitles, where others have a long tracklist)

And, finally, I don't use the album-art-preview (takes too much time to load the image and it is a source of api-errors I encountered the last months using this fine component), so I would have it to be turned off and turned on, if I like to use it again sometimes.

What I like now with the current windows is, that it offer a lot of space to use on "long" releases.

and not such a small window, where we have to scroll our *ss off :)

Reply #2322

btw:

After Tagging:

or
or

For the artists:
After Tagging:

or

or just
Imagination

What you are asking for is possible, you'll just have to change the formatting strings. In the case where the sub-tracks are hidden tracks (again, I'm not sure if this is really valid - the guidelines are extremely vague on this subject), you want to use TRACK_SUBTRACK_TITLE instead of TRACK_TITLE.

And for artists you want to return a list of them instead of joining them into a string.

Ok, I now spend about 6 hours fiddeling around with tracks, sub_tracks or hidden_tracks, arrays, joinings and extending things.
No success. And I tried so much, I cannot post all my mistakes or failures here, to confuse even more ppl...

I found it very difficult to difference between sub_tracks or hidden_tracks. I just don't know, when one or the other is used by the api or the component and which one to refer in my formatting string.
Also, I have an indicator, when a Hidden Track is available "$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0, ....", but no way to easily check, if a subtrack exists, so the code must be very complex and thats -unfortunately- way too complicate and exhausting for me to fool around in this smallish-one-lin-edit-mapping-window. (no offence!! its just me :-) )

Also, I don't understand, why there are automaticly "(" ")" when using a formatting string "$join($extend($array(%TRACK_TITLE%),%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_TITLE>%)))"

When I replace the
"$join($extend($array(%TRACK_TITLE%),%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_TITLE>%)))" with
"$join($extend($array(%TRACK_TITLE%),%<TRACK_SUBTRACK_TITLE>%)))"
I get this result "Megamix (Music And Lights)", but where are the other two subtracks? and if there are no subtracks at all, why is the single one shown?

I don't understand that " / " here on this code "$ifequal(%TRACK_TOTAL_HIDDEN_TRACKS%,0,%TRACK_TITLE%,$join($extend($array(%TRACK_TITLE%),%<TRACK_HIDDEN_TRACKS_TITLE>%),' / '))
"

Too many questions, no need to answer, thank you.

I will do it manually as before :-)

Reply #2323
I agree with everything Fuffi, said. I had imagined the panels being resizable when I made my visual.

As for compilations, this is important to me as the vast majority of my CD collection is compilations. In fact I still have about 1,500 compilations (double CDs) still waiting to be tagged. That's why I need the Discogs plugin to be as quick and easy to use as possible!

I think it should be noted that Fuffi and I seem to be using this plugin in two different ways. And the plugin should facilitate both methods of working:

Fuffi's way of working:
He selects a release from the list, then carefully looks through all the tracks to make sure they match his files. I guess this is how most people probably use it?

My way of working:
For me, the tracklist inspector is far less useful, since none of my mp3s have any filenames and therefore I have nothing to compare. (I rename my files after they've been tagged based on the tags.) Therefore I identify the correct release based on two things: the number of tracks and the artwork. I can usually tell straight away if it's the right release based on whether the artwork matches the CD I bought. So, for me, it's important to be able to click on releases from the list, and quickly see their artwork. Therefore, having everything in one dialog would mean I don't have to keep going back and forward to look at the pictures.

Reply #2324
Fuffi's way of working:He selects a release from the list, then carefully looks through all the tracks to make sure they match his files.
Yes. Today, most music is bought/downloaded via Internet sources and thankfully those tape- or cd-ripping times are over (I remember a time, where no internet, nor CDDB was available and ripping with 1x "speed" in realtime) giving you filenames like track01.aiff - track26.aiff ... So I certainly use it now -most of the time- the way Grand Dizzy described it :-)

Sometimes, when I have files from a ripped CD with no tags set, I use the freedb tagger component, which will then -most of the time- fetches me some "first starting" tags. And with those (very improvable and not complete) tags, I use the fine discogs component to refine/improve the tags. But its a good start if you are lazy and don't want to type too much :-)

btw, zoomorph,
I accidentially found a useful shortcut in the Edit Tag Mappings Windows
CTRL+N to add a new empty line.
Before, I had tried to click at the lowest possible point at the bottom of the window to create a new formatting string line. This did not always work out easy, so my question is:

Are there more useful keyboad-shortcuts for us to use? :-)
like, i.e.
move a line up/down,  (most useful/important imho)
copy/page a whole line (tagname+formatting string+writeconfig) at once