Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using Facets filter to determine if catalog number present in %ALBUM% field (Read 1299 times) previous topic - next topic

Using Facets filter to determine if catalog number present in %ALBUM% field

Hi,

I'd like to know if it's possible to get the Facets to show only the results where the albums' catalog number is present in the %ALBUM% field?

For example, I have music in my collection where the catalog number appears like this...

Artist: My Artist
Album: My First Album (CATNUM001)

The catalog numbers are always uppercase and all contain at least one number.  I know regex is required to determine if each letter within the brakets is uppercase but as I don't have any experience with regex I'm a bit stuck.

Sometimes I have releases like this ... Album: Another Album (The Remixes) but in all cases only the first letter of word within the brackets are uppercase, the rest is lowercase. In the case of the catalog numbers being in the album field, like I said above, they are always uppercase.

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Using Facets filter to determine if catalog number present in %ALBUM% field

Reply #1
Probably doable but is it worth the pain of actually making an overly complex script like that? You could just do a search for parentheses instead:
Code: [Select]
%album% HAS " ("
Ignore all the false positives and fix the (presumably) few that actually contain the catalog number. Unless you have a gigantic library with tons of albums this shouldn't take that long. Then simply make sure any new additions are properly stripped down before you add them to your library.

Re: Using Facets filter to determine if catalog number present in %ALBUM% field

Reply #2
I actually have a lot of false positives that's the reason I'm looking for a more efficient way to filter the results I need. Thanks anyway.