Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: XMPlay 3.4 released. (Read 15899 times) previous topic - next topic

XMPlay 3.4 released.

A new version of Xmplay (v3.4) is out.

Get it here :Un4seen developments

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #1
It's a nice program. Good alternative to winamp. Light but functional.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #2
Xmplay 3.4 is the best player ever.
Free,very small,many great options,beautiful skins,superb sound quality and much more....

http://support.xmplay.com/

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #3
I used to use it a lot but switched to FB for its simplicity and customizability. I was also annoyed by the tenths of second. 

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #4
ASIO and DirectSound support is breakthrough, and it's very good alternative of Foobar2000, since Foobar2000 sometimes failed I can check with XMPlay to see hardware problem or software fail.
Hong Kong - International Joke Center (after 1997-06-30)

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #5
I used to use it a lot but switched to FB for its simplicity and customizability. I was also annoyed by the tenths of second. 

The tenths of seconds shown in the time display can be turned off, you just need to edit the .INI file and add the line:

NoTenths=1

Regards,
Toonie.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #6
Actually... In this version it's no longer a hidden option.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #7
Since when became the display of 1/10 of a second an annoyance?
Peoples preferences sometimes... 

XMPlay is indeed a solid product. It uses a playback engine that equals FooBar2000 and you can actually use this engine in your own programs. Have a look at BASS Audio Library also available on the same site.

And then I'm out!

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #8
I use XMPlay for playing modules (IT, XM, S3M, MOD, …) and foobar2000 for everything else (MP3, WV, FLAC, WAV, MP2, …).
Nothing can beat XMPlay when it comes to modules, especially for Impulse Tracker (IT) files (except Impulse Tracker 2 itself) !

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #9
I prefer foobar2000, because with that I can use Replay Gain on my modules  (but unfortunately not on multi-track modules and MIDI files )
FLAC.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #10
I am new here and I just downloaded XMplay. Looks pretty cool. I just wish there was a website that would log what tracks I play when I use XMplay.

Thanks to whomever made this program. ANy other cool programs or music sites I shousl check out, once again, I am new here. 

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #12
is xmplay portable? kind of looks like it

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #13
no installation, zip only...
means yes

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #14
is xmplay portable? kind of looks like it

Last time i used it, it was. Portability is actually one of the things for which this player is perfect: put it on a CDr or DVDr with music files, and it will be able to play them. Its an ultra-compact player supporting dozens of soundformats. This main advantage though, is also one of the things why some people - like me - dont use it on their own machine: its primarily a music PLAYER designed around the arcane video-recorder UI..... it lacks music-organization features (though, those would only make sense for a playlist-centered player anyways).

- Lyx
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #15
it lacks music-organization features (though, those would only make sense for a playlist-centered player anyways).

With the music library in XMPlay, you can sort the tracks by multiple attributes at once - I think it's pretty handy. What kind of organization features do you mean?

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #16
I love both XMPlay and Foobar2000! To me, they are complementary.

I use Foobar2k for playing and organizing music from my library, for tagging and audio file format conversions. XMPlay is associated with audio files, so single audio files and internet radio streams are opened in XMPlay. This way, opening a single audio file or stream is quick and does not mess up any of my playlist organization in Foobar.

XMPlay 3.4 released.

Reply #17
XMPlay is associated with audio files, so single audio files and internet radio streams are opened in XMPlay. This way, opening a single audio file or stream is quick and does not mess up any of my playlist organization in Foobar.

You can also set up foobar2000 to open single files and streams in a playlist with a specific name ("Default" in my case ), so they don’t mess up your other playlists. Preferences > General > Commandline > Always send to playlist …
FLAC.