Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Creating an Autoplaylist for a large array of Codecs (Read 1171 times) previous topic - next topic

Creating an Autoplaylist for a large array of Codecs

I want to create an autoplaylist which covers numerous formats, namely those supported by foo_input_adplug. I currently have most music in these formats (but not all of it) stored in one root directory, with an autoplaylist that simply reads that directory, but in the long-run I would like to dismantle said directory and move the files to more appropriate locations in my file structure.

However, because this component supports dozens of different sound formats, I can't figure out a way to create an autoplaylist to cover all of them that isn't cumbersome. I have used the following query for e.g. foo_openmpt54 formats, which are far fewer in number, so it is a fallback option:

Code: [Select]
%CODEC% IS "a" OR %CODEC% IS "b" OR %CODEC% IS "c" OR %CODEC% IS "d" OR ... (x36)

... but I was hoping there may be a more elegant manner of formatting the query, something to the effect of:

Code: [Select]
%CODEC% HAS "a"; "b"; "c"; "d"; (...)

I've read the Title Formatting and Query Syntax bibles but haven't ascertained whether it is possible to achieve something like this. Another option I've considered is mass-tagging genre fields with "#adlib" and querying that, as I am already using hashtags in genre fields for many other purposes, but I'd like to call this a last resort... Any suggestions?
Thanks.