Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album artwork reorganization to folder.jpg (Read 3365 times) previous topic - next topic

Album artwork reorganization to folder.jpg

My album artwork is organized a single folder, of the form "%artist% - %album%.jpg" but i want it to work in itunes, and i think that means folder.jpg, and help on a script to do it?

Reply #1
For your album art to work in iTunes it must be added to each individual audio file's tag.  iTunes does not recognize and display folder.jpg album art.

You can use a program such as iTunes AI to import album art to your audio files.  This program can also auto-import folder.jpg files to audio file tags.

Reply #2
iTunes does NOT uses Folder.jpg -- that file is used by Windows shell, and other media players.  For iTunes, you'd need to embed the images in the actual AAC/MP3 files (iTunes will read/extract it) or use iTunes 7's built in Get Album Art feature which just downloads art from Apple and stores the image in the iTunes database.

Reply #3
I cant find the option to get art from the folder.jpg, but if it is there, can it be done to work from the base directory im dealing with?

Thanks