Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LAME question, inserting the album art upon converting (Read 4521 times) previous topic - next topic

LAME question, inserting the album art upon converting

Not sure if this goes in foobar2000 forum because it's also half Lame, I think: The foobar2000 options have got the parameters of Lame encoding: "-S --noreplaygain -V 2 - %d". I wanted to know how I can modify this line to embrace the --ti <file> option which inserts album art right upon encoding, getting the art from current directory, if this is possible. This would save a lot of time and dismiss Mp3Tag.

Also, I noticed a "128kb limit" stated in the --longhelp text... is this really relevant? I did some tests with lame in command prompt and it seems to be not very restrictive, concerning image size...

Thanks for answers on this.

Reply #1
Also, I noticed a "128kb limit" stated in the --longhelp text... is this really relevant?

It gets relevant, if your images exceed the 128 kB size limit.

Reply #2
Can you elaborate, robert?

Why do they get relevant? And if that is so, in what way MP3Tag adds ~500kb images with no issues?

Reply #4
Can you elaborate, robert?

Why do they get relevant? And if that is so, in what way MP3Tag adds ~500kb images with no issues?

Well, it's relevant, because LAME will refuse to add that image, if its size exceeds 128 kB.
This limit was chosen, as LAME's innards worked different to how it's doing now.
Though, we could drop the limitation completely now.

Reply #5
It would certainly keep people who want to bloat their mp3 files from complaining.

In the case of my library, 500kb would average out to be about a 10% increase.  That is for -V3.  If I had used -V5 it would be far greater.

Reply #6
Agreed, at some point it's like having roles swapped: a picture tagged with some music.
To each his own.

Reply #7
My albumart is 160kb average... there are just a couple of files at the size of 500kb. These are 600x600 HQ art (my source is albumartexchange.com).
I think that limitation could be dropped, it would be good to have this facility.