Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Web page availability (Read 4230 times) previous topic - next topic

Web page availability

Since a few days www.Hydrogenaudio.org and www.foobar2000.org suffer from a restricted accessibility. Typical malfunction messages displayed by my browser are
  • "Connection closed by remote server."
  • "You tried to access the address ... which is currently unavailable".
  • "Access denied" or
  • "Connecting to ..." and then nothing happens.
Sometimes a simple page refresh solves the problem, sometimes this unattainability lasts for several seconds or minutes. It happens both during the day and at night, logged-in or not.

It's not just me:

This is HA. Not the Jerry Springer Show.

Web page availability

Reply #1
I've had no such issues in the past days for hydrogenaudio.org, and I'm kind of an OCD visitor (except at night  when I'm asleep).

Perhaps your location and downforeveryoneorjustme experience the same issues that don't affect the Netherlands or my general area?

Web page availability

Reply #2
The downforeveryoneorjustme.com server is located in the USA as far as I know. Since I am connecting from outside the USA two different countries appear to be affected by this temporary unavailability.

I am not from The Netherlands, however hydrogenaudio's servers are there.

No connection problems at the moment.

Web page availability

Reply #3
Multiple people reported problems, but no idea about the cause right now, as it happened when no admin was active.

Web page availability

Reply #4
Yesterday it happened once to me and one minute ago, tried with IE, Firefox and chrome browsers. Chrome said: Error 324 (net::ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE)

Web page availability

Reply #5
Multiple people reported problems, but no idea about the cause right now, as it happened when no admin was active.

In some rare cases my browser's error messages included the proposal to report the currently unavailable specific web page to an admin (at sjeng.org?) and an e-mail address was given.

Would such an e-mail help you if the problem should occur again?

Web page availability

Reply #6
... an admin (at sjeng.org?) and an e-mail address was given...

I saw that email address too.

HA web works intermittently at full speed and sometimes without any response.

Web page availability

Reply #7
I would like to add that since post #3 in this thread HA is available as usual for me, without any restrictions.

Web page availability

Reply #8
In some rare cases my browser's error messages included the proposal to report the currently unavailable specific web page to an admin (at sjeng.org?) and an e-mail address was given.

Would such an e-mail help you if the problem should occur again?

Not really, I'll probably manage to catch it if it keeps happening. But the above is useful info, it makes it unlikely the issue is connectivity at our host, but more likely related to Apache/PHP.