Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: CD-Image in .ape to FLAC - PROBLEM... (Read 5493 times) previous topic - next topic

CD-Image in .ape to FLAC - PROBLEM...

Hi, everyone.

I’ve got a problem.. I’d like to convert some of my CD-images (which are .ape) to FLAC.
I do have the cue-sheets. Also, if possible, I’d like to split those monolithic blocks in to single files..

However, neither of this seems to work. Even the conversion process fails. Both dbpoweramp and foobar either crash or I get a lot of errors.

(single songs in .ape convert to FLAC with ease…)

Would greatly appreciate your advice.

Thank you.

A.J.

Reply #1
TBH I've had difficulty encoding to FLAC in foobar myself, so you're not alone :S
EAC>1)fb2k>LAME3.99 -V 0 --vbr-new>WMP12 2)MAC-Extra High

Reply #2
You're looking for CueTools.

-- L. ipsum

Reply #3
Check your cue file in a text editor, there could be something wrong there, so far I have no problem in foobar doing what you want to acomplish

Reply #5
One problem that you may have in foobar2000 may be related to title formatting and the output filename. If you are converting from "one.ape" to many flacs and you have the converter set to output %filename% then the same filename ("one.flac") will be output for each file and this will cause problems. Whereas %tracknumber%-%filename% will give you 01-one.flac, 02-one.flac etc...

Just a thought, because I can see how that can happen in foobar if you don't check the converter setup dialog (under "more settings").

C.

EDIT: spelling
PC = TAK + LossyWAV  ::  Portable = Opus (130)