Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how to BULK / BATCH RENAME folders only - ( FLACS problem, mp3s are alright )  (Read 2677 times) previous topic - next topic

how to BULK / BATCH RENAME folders only - ( FLACS problem, mp3s are alright )

hi guys, the title say it all : how would i do to bulk rename the folders only ( in foobar , what would be the "file patern")
since i have many FLAC files that are in folders wich look like

(bandname)+ 10 folders inside , not named like they should
etc.

i want them to be :
%album artist%  ·  [%date% ]%album%/[%tracknumber%  ·  ][%title%]

i use foobar usually for mp3s it work great but for FLACS the results are very uneven

it end out the big FLAC file is renamed all wrong and most of the time foobar does'nt even recognise the folder at all so it end up not being renamed at all  ( many times i find the file is hidden and i can only find them using the search in foobar, this is because the FLACS are not correctly named or the album is not tagged etc. i know but this is the main reason why i want to (bulk) split them with the cues so they are recognised by foobar)

i figured out that its because the actual original FLAC file is not splitted so it cannot be sort acurately
(or so i think)

i don't know wich "file patern" to enter when i do the bulk rename (file operation in foobar)

i need a simple file pattern // or solution // to just be able to bulk/batch rename the folders with flacs in them

Re: how to BULK / BATCH RENAME folders only - ( FLACS problem, mp3s are alright )

Reply #1
foobar2000 cannot rename folders. But it can create new folders and move files from one folder to another.

Re: how to BULK / BATCH RENAME folders only - ( FLACS problem, mp3s are alright )

Reply #2
i know, thanks
( see the picture i have put in the post : left is sorted , right is unsorted )

please : i want to be able to "CREATE" and move/copy whats in it
but with FLACS  i encounter a problem because the folders or files are not renamed correctly

i would need a pattern to write down in foobar to be able to have either the folder(newly created) renamed only (not the files in it)  or something, a solution about the FLAC files

i don't know why i am the only person who have this question

and as i said ( another problem) sometimes the flacs files and folders are hidden in foobar ( so not calculated in operation)

Reply #3
to use a move/copy-operation all files should be tagged properly.
if you don't want to change the filenames, only folders, use %filename% for the naming-sheme of the file.

e.g.
Code: [Select]
%album artist% - [%date% - ]%album%/%filename%

http://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Title_Formatting_Reference

Reply #4
You can use TagScanner: http://www.xdlab.ru/en/
It has a function "rename folder by TAG", where you can choose what ever pattern you want.

Reply #5
ah really? thanks so much i'm gonna try both tips

Reply #6
can somebody tell me if i can have this =

%bandname%/%initial folder not changed%(including sub folders etc.)

even if the bandname is not tagged properly,  it should not be that hard to only "knows" the band name, no need for a tag (?)

because life is short, i have not 25 hours of my time to create tags , or to understand tagscanner ( the problem will still remain as 3/4 of the FLACS have not been tagged properly so it seems)

i just want a way to automatically create a folder for the bandnames and put the associated folders in it

with FOOBAR !!! please
it should be easy ,                  i do it with MP3s but MP3s are almost always tagged correctly

i have this problem only with FLACS

EDIT = do you think i can do it with  %contentgroup% ??

---------->  %album artist%/%album%/%contentgroup%

thank you