Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_upnp (Read 1622567 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_upnp

Reply #1900
Well, my Oppo can browse folders through foo_upnp, but not the Index folder - it appears to be browsing the Library folder that I added yesterday and removed in favor of the Index folder.

It doesn't get the benefit of my heirarchical alphabet structure, and goes only by first name, not last names, and doesn't show my cross-filing, so it will have to be a backup for oShare that I'll use only for playing gaplessly

foo_upnp also doesn't send the album cover art that I've put in as tags, the way oShare does.

foo_upnp

Reply #1901
First i want to say that this plugin is very nice!

My Setup:
1. My music collection in foobar2000 contains mostly; FLAC (in 16/44 + 24/96) + mp3 files.
2. As renderer I got an Onkyo TX-8050 it works very nice.

The "Playback Stream Capture" is a very nice function, so i can click on the songs in foobar2000 and the Onkyo TX8050 plays them. But it seems iam not able to combine it with the DSPs (for example the Equalizer) right? I try WAV and LPCM as Codec yet but both dont work with the DSP function.

So my question is how can i combine "Playback Stream Capture" function with "DSP" (Equalizer)?
Is there any way?

foo_upnp

Reply #1902
First i want to say that this plugin is very nice!

My Setup:
1. My music collection in foobar2000 contains mostly; FLAC (in 16/44 + 24/96) + mp3 files.
2. As renderer I got an Onkyo TX-8050 it works very nice.

The "Playback Stream Capture" is a very nice function, so i can click on the songs in foobar2000 and the Onkyo TX8050 plays them. But it seems iam not able to combine it with the DSPs (for example the Equalizer) right? I try WAV and LPCM as Codec yet but both dont work with the DSP function.

So my question is how can i combine "Playback Stream Capture" function with "DSP" (Equalizer)?
Is there any way?

Do you realize that your linked image is not viewable, as it is completely obscured by a pop-up foreign-language ad for a video game, with no way to get rid of it other than closing your link?

foo_upnp

Reply #1903
Do you realize that your linked image is not viewable, as it is completely obscured by a pop-up foreign-language ad for a video game, with no way to get rid of it other than closing your link?

For me it works. You dont use Adblock or something else?

foo_upnp

Reply #1904

For me it works. You dont use Adblock or something else?

I seriously doubt that Adblock or anything of that sort would insert an obnoxious popup ad over a page - the purpose of those programs is to prevent that kind of thing!

foo_upnp

Reply #1905
Well, I've got my remote play over the phone all set up, thanks to foo_upnp and two other programs by Bubbleguum:

The BubbleUPnP Server running on my Windows machine, and Android BubbleUPnP, the only part of this that costs any money - about $5.

Inside Foobar2000, I set my Music Index folder, which ties into the original files with the junction folder process that allows cross-filing, as the folder for Foobar2000 to look at, and at the bottom set to show the album list by folder structure, which allows my junction folders to control things, rather than the tags written into the files.

I then went looking for a UPnP or DLNA client for my Android phone that would allow me to contact foo_upnp's internet server.

Imagine my delight to find Android Bubble UPnP - which by rights should be able to connect directly to foo_upnp, but doesn't want to.

But I discovered that there's a companion server program, BubbleUPnP Server, which acts as a link to any UPnP server on your system. It wouldn't work with oShare,  but works fine with Foobar2000 and foo_upnp. You configure it through your browser - it brings up a tab that has tabs within it in which you select which of your UPnP servers it should connect to, along with the kinds of addressing and login things that you set within foo_upnp. It uses a different set of ports, so they don't conflict, and it uses your entry of your WAN address to test whether it can find itself on the internet!

To avoid burning up my cellphone bandwidth, I went to the Settings inside Android BubbleUPnP and under Networks and Settings, set a Mobile Max Bitrate of 128 Kbps, to be applied only to Lossless files. This doesn't apply when on WiFi.

This lets me listen to my 96/24 and 192/24 files transcoded by the BubbleUPnP server to 128 Kbps mp3's.

Its Local Renderer section enables gapless playback without need for Playback Stream Capture, so you still get track access and display, and you can even enable "inside a track" seeking.

Interestingly, my 5.1 96/24 files sound amazing this way - clearer than the stereo 96/24 versions from the same DVD-As. I haven't set anything to downmix to stereo, so it must be that FL and FR contain enough surround information to create at least a convincing illusion of the whole thing in my headset.

And it does show the album art on the phone.

foo_upnp

Reply #1906
Well, I've got my remote play over the phone all set up, thanks to foo_upnp and two other programs by Bubbleguum: ....

I wonder why your BubbleUPnP client doesn't see foobar2000 as a UPnP server?  Mine certainly does over wifi - I haven't tried it over the Internet.  If it isn't a firewall issue it must be a setting either in foobar or the client  I too tried the BubbleUPnP server but decided I didn't need it.

foo_upnp

Reply #1907
Well, I've got my remote play over the phone all set up, thanks to foo_upnp and two other programs by Bubbleguum: ....

I wonder why your BubbleUPnP client doesn't see foobar2000 as a UPnP server?  Mine certainly does over wifi - I haven't tried it over the Internet.  If it isn't a firewall issue it must be a setting either in foobar or the client  I too tried the BubbleUPnP server but decided I didn't need it.

It sees it, and lets me browse into it somewhat before saying that it can't go any further - the same with my oShare server if I have BubbleUPnP Server set up an internet proxy for oShare.

Another advantage of the BubbleUPnP Server is the degree of control the Android client is given over how the server transcodes.

foo_upnp

Reply #1908
It sees it, and lets me browse into it somewhat before saying that it can't go any further - the same with my oShare server if I have BubbleUPnP Server set up an internet proxy for oShare.

Strange.  Mine works perfectly with CD quality over wifi.  I do have a BubbleUPnP Android licence.  I also have 'Add WAV and LPCM 44.1/16 compatibility streams' set in foobar, since not all my fixed renderers can do 192/24 (or even 96/24).  Maybe it's that?

Still, if the extra server does the job, that's what matters.

foo_upnp

Reply #1909

Strange.  Mine works perfectly with CD quality over wifi.  I do have a BubbleUPnP Android licence.  I also have 'Add WAV and LPCM 44.1/16 compatibility streams' set in foobar, since not all my fixed renderers can do 192/24 (or even 96/24).  Maybe it's that?

Still, if the extra server does the job, that's what matters.

I bought the Android license also, but that made no difference. I have that setting also, but find that on my WiFi-G access point, playing 44/16 WAV or LPCM takes for-ever  to start. I can wait 12 seconds for 128 k mp3, or 18 seconds for 192 k, but 320 takes almost a minute, and 44/16 WAV takes several minutes. (The track-to-track times are fine, since it seems to do read-ahead caching.)

foo_upnp

Reply #1910
I bought the Android license also, but that made no difference. I have that setting also, but find that on my WiFi-G access point, playing 44/16 WAV or LPCM takes for-ever  to start. I can wait 12 seconds for 128 k mp3, or 18 seconds for 192 k, but 320 takes almost a minute, and 44/16 WAV takes several minutes. (The track-to-track times are fine, since it seems to do read-ahead caching.)
  On my in-house wifi it's pretty well instant for flacs at CD quality from my foobar server to my mobile on wifi, so that's a little strange.  I can't imagine what is delaying it.  I just tried again to make sure - turned on the mobile, turned on wifi, started bubble, selected a track on the server, and it played immediately.

I'm not transcoding the flacs, since I don't try to play anything away from home I don't need to reduce the bandwidth down to mp3.  In principle one can set up different profiles for different devices in foobar.  In practice I never quite made that work reliably since I think both my main renderers identify themselves in the same way to the server, so I gave up. 

There's also an option to transcode only when streaming over the Internet, which I never tried.

foo_upnp

Reply #1911
The remote access I set up through my phone using Android BubbleUPnP is working fine using the BubbleUPnP server as an internet proxy for the foo_upnp server, which may actually be an advantage over connecting directly to foo_upnp, since that allows me to specify an mp3 bitrate for internet connections over Mobile Data, conserving my Mobile Data bandwidth.

Encouraged by this, I put foobar2000 and foo_upnp on my laptop so I could listen in even higher quality, but I don't seem to be able to use that to browse my main machine the way my phone can.

In fact, I don't seem to be able to connect to my main machine at all. I've pointed it (under Edit/Preferences/Tools/UPnP/Browser/Remote Internet Servers), in turn at my main machine's foobar2000 foo_upnp internet server and at its BubbleUPnP internet server, but I'm not asked for the password for either one, and the music on my main machine doesn't seem to appear in the laptop copy of foobar2000's main music browser or its foo_upnp browser, so I'm totally at a loss.

It's unclear whether that's where I should be putting in the remote server's address or whether the remote server's address should go under Edit/Preferences/Networking "Specify proxy address" - and which of those two places to put in an address should be left blank! I've tried every permutation I can think of.

Is there a step-by-step reference for making that connection available anywhere?

foo_upnp

Reply #1912
To quote Saturday Night Live's Emily Litella, "Nevermind."

I went back to the download page for foo_upnp and found the link to the documentation - which did explain how to add a remote server - by right-clicking inside the UPnP Browser window, which was nowhere mentioned inside the program.

There really should be some indication that you can do that inside foo_upnp, like a legend at the bottom of that UPnP Browser window saying "Right-click to add a remote server."

So I've got it working.

foo_upnp

Reply #1914
Is there a client program like the version of BubbleUPnP that runs on Android that can be installed on an OS X Mac without having to go the VM route?

It doesn't have to be a full-blown copy of foobar2000 + foo_UPnP, since all it would need to do is browse my BubbleUPnP server over the internet and play music it finds there.

Displaying embedded album covers would be nice but not necessary.

foo_upnp

Reply #1915
Hello,
I have some trouble with foo_upnp.

I want to setup VPN with "New Incoming Connection" in "Network Connection" on Windows 7 for my android when outside.
Just after I setup that, Foobar2000 will not response after few minute, or freeze immediately when manually stop server in Foobar2000's Library menu. Also upnp server disappear and won't show up no matter what is done.
Need to delete Incoming Connection and reboot computer to works again.

But when I use the same process to set "Incoming Connection" on Windows XP(in VMs), it works flawless just as thought.
I tried install newly Windows 7 in VMs too, and it stay unresponse like host's, so I think it is nothing to do with other software or OS settings.

All the effects goes to made by "New Incoming Connection" in Windows 7.

Here is some log:
http://i.imgur.com/mnAyWaQ.png

Any ideas? or is there any alternative way like other VPN or something compatible. Currently I'm trying foo_out_upnp + foo_httpcontrol, seems ok with Windows 7 Incoming Connection.
Thanks!

foo_upnp

Reply #1916
Hi!
This is probably a really fast one :-) :

In Foobar 1.3.1 I just activated in Preferences > Context Menu the entry for UPnP Controler.
(Btw: a typo there, right?!: 'Controler' should be 'Controller')

Where do I find this Context Menu entry now?!?
Couldn't find it anywhere back in the foobar interface. . .

regards ringen00

foo_upnp

Reply #1917
Hello,
I have some trouble with foo_upnp.

I want to setup VPN with "New Incoming Connection" in "Network Connection" on Windows 7 for my android when outside.
Just after I setup that, Foobar2000 will not response after few minute, or freeze immediately when manually stop server in Foobar2000's Library menu. Also upnp server disappear and won't show up no matter what is done.
Need to delete Incoming Connection and reboot computer to works again.

But when I use the same process to set "Incoming Connection" on Windows XP(in VMs), it works flawless just as thought.
I tried install newly Windows 7 in VMs too, and it stay unresponse like host's, so I think it is nothing to do with other software or OS settings.

All the effects goes to made by "New Incoming Connection" in Windows 7.

Here is some log:
http://i.imgur.com/mnAyWaQ.png

Any ideas? or is there any alternative way like other VPN or something compatible. Currently I'm trying foo_out_upnp + foo_httpcontrol, seems ok with Windows 7 Incoming Connection.
Thanks!

Reply myself.

I ended up using Softether to build VPN, works like a charm easily... 

foo_upnp

Reply #1918
Hi!

In Foobar 1.3.1 I just activated in Preferences > Context Menu the entry for UPnP Controler.

regards ringen00

A context menu is normally what you see if you right click on an item.  However, I'm not quite sure where this would apply for the UPnP Controller.

I view the UPnP Controller using the main 'View' menu.

foo_upnp

Reply #1919
I am trying to use foobar2000 to stream audio to my Bravia TV and downloaded this component. I can play music using the PlayTo feature of windows and it can see my TV but the UPnP controller cannot. Is there something else I need to configure?

foo_upnp

Reply #1920
Hi!

regards ringen00

A context menu is normally what you see if you right click on an item.  However, I'm not quite sure where this would apply for the UPnP Controller.

I view the UPnP Controller using the main 'View' menu.

Thanks! Precisely what I'm doing :-)

foo_upnp

Reply #1921
Hi!

First of all, thanks a lot for your work on this plugin.

But I unfortunately have a serious problem with it.

My computer (windows 7 + Soubd Blaster Z) crashes (BSOD) and restart (after having dumping memory) when I launch Foobar with your plugin (0.99.48). Sometimes at start up, sometimes at closure, sometimes during Foobar use, but extremly frequently.
I have a Synology as a NAS and a Samsung TV and Sony Blu-ray disc player as renders.
I tried it with Foobar 1.3.2 and 1.1.18 with the same issue.

Foobar works perfectly when the plugin is removed.

So please, help me because I didn't find any other plugin of Foobar which can control the NAS to play on my renders.
Tnanks

foo_upnp

Reply #1922
Hello All!

I've spent several days searching and trying this and that.  I am able to connect on my home network with my Samsung Note 2 with BubbleUPnP.

In the app, if I select its "Local Renderer" and the Foobar Media Library, I am able to browse and play with no issue.  GREAT PLUGIN with this alone I am impressed!

But, if I push it and I select the Foobar Renderer instead of the BubbleUPnP local one and connect to the Foobar Media Library, it tries to play the first second of the track and then stops, regardless of media type (mp3, FLAC, WAV, etc.)

When I look at the Foobar application on the Windows 7 box I am serving it from, I see an "Unrecoverable playback error: UPnP device error: could not connect" error window.

Same results with Windows firewall on or off.

In the logs, I see errors like these: 

Code: [Select]
	Line 5: 0.013: NPT_BsdUdpMulticastSocket::LeaveGroup(1796)/6744: FINE: setsockopt error -32049
Line 5873: 15.15446: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/3376: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 9164: 52.52169: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/3432: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 10612:        <allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue>
Line 11234:        <allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue>
Line 15031:        <allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue>
Line 17888:        <allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue>
Line 19567: 61.61424: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6968: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20014 (NPT_ERROR_TIMEOUT) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 19724: 62.62404: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/3840: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20014 (NPT_ERROR_TIMEOUT) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 23544:        <allowedValue>ERROR_OCCURRED</allowedValue>
Line 24783: 76.76822: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6460: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 27905: 94.94448: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/2576: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 28021: 94.94735: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6904: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 28346: 96.96895: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/288: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 28407: 96.96924: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5272: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 28468: 96.96973: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6220: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 30982: 105.105821: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/3724: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 30983: 105.105821: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5600: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 30984: 105.105821: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5524: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 32002: 115.115096: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5084: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20014 (NPT_ERROR_TIMEOUT) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 32269: 117.117063: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/1228: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20014 (NPT_ERROR_TIMEOUT) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 32809: 120.120441: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5260: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20014 (NPT_ERROR_TIMEOUT) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 33793: 123.123277: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5744: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20302 (NPT_ERROR_EOS) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37661: 149.149876: PLT_HttpListenTask::DoRun(491)/6368: WARNING: PLT_HttpListenTask exiting with -20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED)
Line 37664: 149.149876: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/596: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37666: 149.149877: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/596: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
Line 37668: 149.149877: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5392: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37670: 149.149877: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6976: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37671: 149.149877: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/5392: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
Line 37672: 149.149877: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/6976: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
Line 37988: 150.150047: PLT_HttpListenTask::DoRun(491)/4064: WARNING: PLT_HttpListenTask exiting with -20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED)
Line 37992: 150.150048: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/6632: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37993: 150.150048: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/5748: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 37994: 150.150048: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/6632: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
Line 37995: 150.150048: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/5748: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]
Line 38243: 150.150114: NPT_HttpRequest::Parse(773)/3144: FINER: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(stream.ReadLine(line, NPT_HTTP_PROTOCOL_MAX_LINE_LENGTH))]
Line 38244: 150.150114: PLT_HttpServerSocketTask::Read(195)/3144: WARNING: NPT_CHECK failed, result=-20021 (NPT_ERROR_CANCELLED) [(res)]

I'd really like to use the Foobar Renderer for its Replay Gain and DSP.

Is anyone using BubbleUPnP with the Foobar Media Library and its Renderer? 

I haven't bought the BubbleUPnP license yet.  Is that the issue?

Thanks in advance for any help!

foo_upnp

Reply #1923
If you have uPnP enabled on your router, try to switch it off. I had similar problems and switching the uPnP on the router fixed it.

But maybe it's something else in your setup...

Cheers
If age or weaknes doe prohibyte bloudletting you must use boxing

foo_upnp

Reply #1924
Thanks for the suggestion, eevan.  Unfortunately, there was no change in the behavior.

I've taken all default options in my setup, even turning off the replay gain and dsp I wish to use in the BubbleUPnP profile.

If folks are able to use the library and renderer without issue, at least I know I'm not beating my head against a wall.

Thanks again!