Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Database Search (Read 225177 times) previous topic - next topic

Database Search

Reply #250
I agree. We need a database search panel which shows the results in the playlist window.

Database Search

Reply #251
I agree. We need a database search panel which shows the results in the playlist window.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=260771"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes .... that would be great

Database Search

Reply #252
Is it just me or are the context menu items (search for same xxx) broken?

Database Search

Reply #253
Is it possible to do a dbsearch for items that don't match the search string? For example, if I searched for 2004 and wanted to find everything not released in 2004.

Database Search

Reply #254
Is it possible to do a dbsearch for items that don't match the search string? For example, if I searched for 2004 and wanted to find everything not released in 2004.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263997"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You could alternatively use the extended playlist generator with the query:
Code: [Select]
NOT DATE IS 2004

Database Search

Reply #255
Is it possible to do a dbsearch for items that don't match the search string? For example, if I searched for 2004 and wanted to find everything not released in 2004.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=263997"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
In the "match all" and "match one" modes, simply prefix the word that should not be included with "-" (minus sign).

Database Search

Reply #256
Just addin gmy voice to the choir of those who want the results to appear in the playlist

FWIW, I think the iTunes search is a great model of how a search should work.

If you want to hear an album, you just need to add to your search string until the only results left are the members of that album, then play the whole album.

Or... you can even search on genre and then play all songs of that genre. Very easy.

The search field should be an integrated panel too. Then we're cookin!

Database Search

Reply #257

I also request this...as mentioned above itunes does an excellent job of this and this helps in moving through a huge library

Database Search

Reply #258
Yeah, a panel would be really nice, with a similar autoplaylist feature to the one albumlist panel has...

Database Search

Reply #259
I see no-ones posted here for a while, and I'm new to foobar, but I thought I would add in my suport for a dbsearch panel. I usually hate it when people say: "Hey man, this is a great plugin, but can you fix this..."

But, this IS a great plugin and I do love it, however (there's that word) I would like to see the following:

1. Maybe more than a panel, I would like to see the dbsearch become the main window! (ie, i suppose that's just a big panel, but I would just like to use this as my main window!)

2. Be able to configure the CTRL and SHIFT ENTER keys.  I want the default to be adding songs to my playlist, and if I wanted to play it directly, press shift or ctrl. But now, I have 2x add to playlist

3. (Maybe this is already there... but...) A hot key to bring up the search dialog. Is this possible?

Thanks

Database Search

Reply #260
2. Be able to configure the CTRL and SHIFT ENTER keys.  I want the default to be adding songs to my playlist, and if I wanted to play it directly, press shift or ctrl. But now, I have 2x add to playlist[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
That's already on the to-do list for this component.

3. (Maybe this is already there... but...) A hot key to bring up the search dialog. Is this possible?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=287236"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
You can add one in preferences under "Core/Keyboard shortcuts".

Database Search

Reply #261
Maybe more than a panel, I would like to see the dbsearch become the main window! (ie, i suppose that's just a big panel, but I would just like to use this as my main window!)

a panel? I've been kinda out of touch with foobar/dbsearch developments. Are you saying you can configure dbsearch to be a panel in foobar? How do you do it? I would love to have it!

Database Search

Reply #262
Maybe more than a panel, I would like to see the dbsearch become the main window! (ie, i suppose that's just a big panel, but I would just like to use this as my main window!)
a panel? I've been kinda out of touch with foobar/dbsearch developments. Are you saying you can configure dbsearch to be a panel in foobar? How do you do it? I would love to have it!
and so would I which is why I asked.

This as a main window would certainly be an ultimate. just imagine, having a playlist running (my default running playlist is called "Playing Now" and "Follow Cursor" is set to off. So in my dbsearch 'window/panel' I could be able to just search and press enter to add the found songs onto the end of the cue.

Well that's the end goal anyway.

Database Search

Reply #264
The download link http://www.stud.uni-karlsruhe.de/~uzbs/fb2...bsearch-1.2.zip is broken. Is there somewhere else I could pick up this plugin?[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=289070"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
It seems like there was a problem with the webserver, but it is working now. Just try to download the component again.

Database Search

Reply #265
I use this almost every song I play haha. I would love if there was a setting that if u middle click or highlight somthing there it will show in the open playlist if its in there. It just starts getting old right clicking scrolling down to highlight every time. But great app i would realy need love in a database search even with out id still use it.

Database Search

Reply #266

I think it would be cool if this and album list were merged into one thingie somehow. I guess it's up to the people making these plug-ins.

Database Search

Reply #267
Hello,

If I do a search, how can I play the files directly without adding them to a playlist? This would be great.

Greetings
Franklin

Database Search

Reply #268
For foobar2000 0.8.3 you need foo_utils and more specifically the "Play" context menu command. For foobar2000 0.9 beta that is not possible.

Database Search

Reply #269
Is there a way to add more commands to the list for the menus?

I'm particularly interested into being able to add custom queries (same performer, same situation, etc) to the context menu with the ability to link them to keyboard shorcuts.

I added my queries in the config page but I can't see them in the command lists for the menu or the keyboard shorcuts.

------------------

Foosion, as I'm programming my remote controle and enhancing it with Girder mainly through keyboard shortcuts. I made some tests in FB directly with the keyboard and found this behaviour:

1 - launch DB Search - same album (with a shortcut)
2 - press tab key to move the cursor from the pattern box to the result list box
3 - select all the lines in the result list (with a "select all" shorcut)
4 - right click on the selection and click on "add to playlist"

Everything worked ok. But, if I used a shortcut to launch the "edit/add to playlist" command, it didn't work. This prevented me to complete a macro in Girder.

After further testing, I've being able to use the "enter" key (or shift+enter or ctrl+enter) and see it work but I had to play around with Girder's "set focus" and "wait" commands and the only way I could close the DB search window was through an "ESC" key.

Am I doing some or many things wrong?

Thanks.

Database Search

Reply #270
Is there a way to add more commands to the list for the menus?

I'm particularly interested into being able to add custom queries (same performer, same situation, etc) to the context menu with the ability to link them to keyboard shorcuts.

I added my queries in the config page but I can't see them in the command lists for the menu or the keyboard shorcuts.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338309"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

That is only possible in the version for foobar2000 0.9.

Everything worked ok. But, if I used a shortcut to launch the "edit/add to playlist" command, it didn't work. This prevented me to complete a macro in Girder.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338309"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Congratulations, you have found a bug in one of the oldest parts of the foo_dbsearch code.
The problem is that any keyboard shortcut that involves one of the keys used in the built-in navigation shortcuts of the result list but not Alt will never be triggered. The keys in question are:
  • Arrow up and Arrow down
  • Page up and Page down
  • Home and End
  • Space
  • A
  • the Application key (the one between the right Win and Control keys, that can be used to open a context menu)
This will be fixed in the version for foobar2000 0.9 beta 11. As I will most likely not update the version for foobar2000 0.8.3, I suggest using a keyboard shortcut that does not include one of the above keys or that includes Alt on the existing versions.

Database Search

Reply #271
I believe I've found a small bug:
If you queue up a song in 0.9 b10, bring up dbsearch with default action set to "Play" and double click a song in the search window, it will play the next-queued song instead of the one clicked on.

Database Search

Reply #272
I believe I've found a small bug:
If you queue up a song in 0.9 b10, bring up dbsearch with default action set to "Play" and double click a song in the search window, it will play the next-queued song instead of the one clicked on.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=338752"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for reporting. As the "Play" command is implemented in foo_utils, this is actually not a bug in foo_dbsearch. Anyway, a fixed version should be available when (or shortly after) beta 11 goes public.

Database Search

Reply #273
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to search "without accents", meaning i would match i & ï & î, e would match e, ê, é, etc. and reversed too, ï matching i.
I ran into a problem earlier today trying to find something which had an ï in it, and I didn't remember, so I noticed this "problem", which I hope will be fixed someday.
Now I guess I can replace all a/e/i/o/u/n by * to fix it but that would not be very convenient I think.
Thank you.

Database Search

Reply #274
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to search "without accents", meaning i would match i & ï & î, e would match e, ê, é, etc. and reversed too, ï matching i.
I ran into a problem earlier today trying to find something which had an ï in it, and I didn't remember, so I noticed this "problem", which I hope will be fixed someday.
Now I guess I can replace all a/e/i/o/u/n by * to fix it but that would not be very convenient I think.
Thank you.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=341605"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

You can replace these characters in the "format preset" search strings using the $replace() function. For example, $replace(%title%,é,e,ö,o) will solve the problem for é and ö in a title search.