Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4584227 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7600
Hi musicmusic, I am experiencing a bug.
Under "Colours and fonts"... mode "custom"... font selection: the font and font-style sets fine, but the size cannot be changed. Whatever is selected, the size stays the same. Any fonts that I have set in an older version of CUI are fine, but anything I try to change now, just doesn't stick, and the size reverts to some default (looks like 10pt).

Latest CUI installed.

Reply #7601
Hi musicmusic, I am experiencing a bug.
Under "Colours and fonts"... mode "custom"... font selection: the font and font-style sets fine, but the size cannot be changed. Whatever is selected, the size stays the same. Any fonts that I have set in an older version of CUI are fine, but anything I try to change now, just doesn't stick, and the size reverts to some default (looks like 10pt).

Latest CUI installed.

The same happens to me because of the foo_ui_hacks component.
When I want to change a font I install the version foo_ui_columns-1.0.0.fb2k-component, change the font and reinstall the latest version of columns ui.

Reply #7602
The same happens to me because of the foo_ui_hacks component.
When I want to change a font I install the version foo_ui_columns-1.0.0.fb2k-component, change the font and reinstall the latest version of columns ui.

Yep, that was the culprit, thanks for letting me know! What a silly bug.
Though, no need to go through reinstalling CUI, it was enough just to take out foo_ui_hacks.dll and then bring it back after font changes.

I know it's a legacy buggy addon, but the captionless/borderless feature is invaluable and no other addon replicates it  :(

Reply #7603
Help.
I can't find the correct syntax in the script I've written for the discnumber column of the playlist view.
I think it must be very easy for you and I would really appreciate it because I am really stuck.

This is the wrong line: $if($or(%tracknumber%,1,$strcmp($caps($cut(%bonus%,1)),'B')),

What I want it to do is: If %tracknumber%=1 or %bonus%=B then ……….

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$puts(maxcolum,45)

$if(%discnumber%,
$if($or(%tracknumber%,1,$strcmp($caps($cut(%bonus%,1)),'B')),
$get_global(tplay_nºcd)|$get_global(tplays_nºcd)

///Arial 9pt (susi antes) y Arial 8pt Bold (tati) punto
///'● '%discnumber%

///Arial 8pt Bold (tati)
///'★ '%discnumber%

///SegoeUiSymbol9pt(cosi) estrella
///' '%discnumber%

///SegoeUiSymbol9pt(cosi y susi) punto
' '%discnumber%

$if($strcmp($caps($cut(%totaldiscs%,1)),'R'),$tab(-1)
$get_global(tplay_nºcd_raya)|$get_global(tplays_nºcd_raya)
$puts(suma,0)
$ifgreater($len(%discnumber%),12,$puts(suma,1),)
$ifgreater($len(%discnumber%),25,$puts(suma,2),)
$ifgreater($len(%discnumber%),30,$puts(suma,3),)
$ifgreater($len(%discnumber%),40,$puts(suma,4),)
$ifgreater($len(%discnumber%),50,$puts(suma,5),)
$repeat(–,$add($get(maxcolum),$add(-$len(%discnumber%),$get(suma))))
)
$get_global(dimmed)|$get_global(dimmeds)        
)
)
$if(%_isplaying%,$tab()$get_global(tplay)|$get_global(tplays)
$padcut($repeat($get_global(plsym),$add($mod($right(%_time_elapsed%,2),4),0)),4))

Reply #7604
I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly with the rest of it, I dont have any %bonus% tags, but this should help you with your highlighted line:

$ifequal(%tracknumber%,1,$puts(var1,true),)
   $if($stricmp(%album%,single),$puts(var2,true),)
   $if($or($get(var1),$get(var2)),yes,no)

As an example here I am doing if tracknumber=1 OR album=single, write a yes in the playlist view column, otherwise write no.
You can write it in a single line, but for me it's cleaner to break down the logic into multiple lines... so the first two lines here are just setting the test variables, and the third performs the output you want.

Reply #7605
I am not sure what you are trying to do exactly with the rest of it, I dont have any %bonus% tags, but this should help you with your highlighted line:

$if($stricmp(%album%,single),$puts(var2,true),)
   $if($or($get(var1),$get(var2)),yes,no)

As an example here I am doing if tracknumber=1 OR album=single, write a yes in the playlist view column, otherwise write no.
You can write it in a single line, but for me it's cleaner to break down the logic into multiple lines... so the first two lines here are just setting the test variables, and the third performs the output you want.

Thank you very much for your answer.
I solved it satisfactorily.
I had gotten stuck trying to write a single sentence.

The %bonus% field is a metadata that I needed to create in order to do what I needed.

The script was like this:

//aqui se define la longitud máxima de la columna nºCD
$puts(maxcolum,47)

$if(%discnumber%,
$if($strcmp($caps($cut(%bonus%,1)),'D'),$puts(var2,true),)

$if($or($get(var1),$get(var2)),

$get_global(tplay_nºcd)|$get_global(tplays_nºcd)

///Arial 9pt (susi antes) y Arial 8pt Bold (tati) punto
///'● '%discnumber%

///Arial 8pt Bold (tati)
///'★ '%discnumber%

///SegoeUiSymbol9pt(cosi) estrella
///' '%discnumber%

///SegoeUiSymbol9pt(cosi y susi) punto
' '%discnumber%

$puts(suma,0)
)
)
)
$if(%_isplaying%,$tab() $get_global(tplay)|$get_global(tplays)
$padcut($repeat($get_global(plsym),$add($mod($right(%_time_elapsed%,2),4),0)),4))

I will take the opportunity to make another query.
In the image you see a line for CD1 and CD2 that goes to the end of the field. I don't know the command to do this. I have had to pull resources and write the following script:

$puts(suma,0)
)
)

If you know the command to use I would really appreciate it.

Reply #7607
Dear @musicmusic

I've been struggling a bit with what seemed to be an easy modification to my set up   O:)

Basically what I'm trying to achieve is to have some artists coloured in a colour which is different from the default one. To add more detail, say I'd like to have some artists names in red, while keeping all the rest at the default colour.

I've tried using something like this (thank you @davideleo):

Code: [Select]
$puts(ar,$stripprefix($lower(%artist%)))
$ifequal($strstr($get(ar),bach),1,$rgb(255,0,0),
$ifequal($strstr($get(ar),chopin),1,$rgb(255,0,0),
$ifequal($strstr($get(ar),velvet underground),1,$rgb(255,0,0),
)))$swapprefix(%artist%)

Point is he $rgb() function seems to alters the sort order:  the names in red are sorted after those beginning with a special characters and before those beginning with a number.

I'm still playing a little bit to try some workarounds (e.g. assigning a rgb code to all the artists with a certain tag, rather than relying on their names). But I'm wondering if this will solve the "sorting" issue with $rgb

Thank you,
RJ

Re: Columns UI => lost ability to resume a stopped/skipped track at the same pos

Reply #7608
Hi,
this comes originally from here, as I didn't realize, this is related to CUI....

lost ability to resume a stopped/skipped track at the same position

fb2k v1.5.3
CUI 1.4.1 (I use Playlist switcher Tab which I use to switch the playlists (and start playing a track) via doubleclicking on a playlist)

Some time ago, I was able to resume a track by doubleclicking on the playlist which contains that track.
The track would then start again at the same position, I had stopped it before.

Now, the track starts from the beginning, when doubleclicking on the playlist.

I wonder, where I have to go to get back my desired behaviour.

Did'nt find anything in the settings ...

Reply #7609
Point is he $rgb() function seems to alters the sort order:  the names in red are sorted after those beginning with a special characters and before those beginning with a number.

I'm still playing a little bit to try some workarounds (e.g. assigning a rgb code to all the artists with a certain tag, rather than relying on their names). But I'm wondering if this will solve the "sorting" issue with $rgb
Colour codes are actually special characters. However, they are meant to be ignored when sorting.

Could you confirm how you are sorting? Are you clicking on a column title?

Also note that if a sorting script has been set for that column, and 'Use custom sorting script:' has been enabled, then that will be used to sort the column instead of what's in the Display script tab.

Some time ago, I was able to resume a track by doubleclicking on the playlist which contains that track.
The track would then start again at the same position, I had stopped it before.

Now, the track starts from the beginning, when doubleclicking on the playlist.

I wonder, where I have to go to get back my desired behaviour.
When you double-click on a playlist, all Columns UI does is set that playlist as the playing playlist and start playback. Resuming playback at a specified position wasn't Columns UI functionality. If you had that behaviour before, it may have been coming from another component.

Reply #7610
Any way to sort Album list by descending order? Have an %added% tab but want the most recent entries to be displayed first.
Was using this initially on the tab:
$cut(%added%,10)

A user suggested this string but I don't think Album list supports $nodisplay:
$nodisplay{$sub(9999,$year(%added%))-$sub(99,$month(%added%))-$sub(99,$day_of_month(%added%))}$date(%added%)

Removing the leading "$nodisplay" shows something close to what I want. Help?

Reply #7611
I would like to know the variable that allows obtaining total length of selected tracks (this is done by the standard status bar and I would like to apply it in my theme)

Reply #7612
Hello.

I would like to know if there is any way to solve the following problem:
When I restore a .fcl I lose in the album list panel the color Active Item Frame

Thank you

Reply #7613
I would like to know the variable that allows obtaining total length of selected tracks (this is done by the standard status bar and I would like to apply it in my theme)
It isn't available using title formatting in the status bar.

When I restore a .fcl I lose in the album list panel the color Active Item Frame
Strange, it might be a bug. I'll have a look.

Reply #7614

Thanks for your answer:

It is clear that it must be a mistake because it takes me 4 or 5 years that I remember. I trust you can solve it.

Reply #7615

The problem may be that the "Use Custom Active Item Frame" box is disabled.

Reply #7616
Hi, is it possible to disable inline editing for the filter panel?

Reply #7617
$set_font still exists in the wiki, but does it exist in the current plugin at all? I just get [UNKNOWN FUNCTION] when trying to use it. Is there a current documentation?

Reply #7619
Would it be possible to make the layout editor more efficient? Whenever I need to move an item many spaces when there are many above or below it I have to right click and hit move up/down many times. Drag and drop would be nice or even just a button to the right to move up or down.

Would also love a pop out editor if possible as my layout has many items in it and it's sometimes hard to move through.

edit- also having an issue applying options to some panels. Random panels have their options grayed out except custom title. Is there something I can do on my end or is it a bug?

Reply #7620
Help:
I need to know, in order to improve my foobar, if it is possible to use in the grouping that I use for the album a variable (in memory or on the hard disk) that takes a certain value and when reading the next album I can ask for it.
The actual case is as follows. When I send to a playlist view the CD 2 of an album that has 2 CDs I need to know that I have not sent the complete disc but only CD 2. So I need to use a variable that can take the value of the% album% field and when I read the next album ask for it and know if it belongs to the same previous album.

Reply #7621
Message to music music:

Column ui fails from version foo_ui_columns-1.3.0.fb2k-component.

As seen in the image when a column is modified (for example title) directly and a ";" is written in the column it is painted ",". However if we edit the field in the properties it is correct.
If instead of editing it directly in the column, we do it through the properties, it does it well.
The tracks that already had the ";" paints them well unless they are re-edited directly in the column.
I have tried all the characters that appear on a standard keyboard and the only one that fails is the ";"
However the Album Artist and Artist columns even if edited with the properties if a ";" is loaded a "," is painted on the column.
The problem is that if you don't notice and edit with the mp3tag, the text from the ";" will be lost. is included.
I suppose it will be a simple mistake and you can fix it.

I take this opportunity to ask you if you have taken a look at the error that I mentioned that occurred in the colors & fonts in the element "Album List" in the "Active Item Frame" that the color was lost when restoring an fcl. The problem was that the "Use Custom Active Item Frame" box is disabled.
I have fixed it, provisionally, by setting the album list colors in the "Global" element and changing the "album list" mode from "Custom" to "Global".

Reply #7622
As seen in the image when a column is modified (for example title) directly and a ";" is written in the column it is painted ",". However if we edit the field in the properties it is correct.
If instead of editing it directly in the column, we do it through the properties, it does it well.
The tracks that already had the ";" paints them well unless they are re-edited directly in the column.
I have tried all the characters that appear on a standard keyboard and the only one that fails is the ";"
However the Album Artist and Artist columns even if edited with the properties if a ";" is loaded a "," is painted on the column.
The problem is that if you don't notice and edit with the mp3tag, the text from the ";" will be lost. is included.
I suppose it will be a simple mistake and you can fix it.
1.3.0 added support for multi-value fields to inline editing in the playlist view. ; is used as a separator, so when you use it in a field, the field ends up with multiple values.

The properties dialog only stores multiple values for certain fields. Those fields are specified in a setting in advanced preferences, but I don't believe Columns UI knows anything about that setting.

So, to summarise, it is working as intended.

One possible option to allow what you are trying to do would be for Columns UI to use an escape character, such as \, so that \; could be used to store a literal ;, but there is some scope there to confuse anyone wanting to store a \.

I take this opportunity to ask you if you have taken a look at the error that I mentioned that occurred in the colors & fonts in the element "Album List" in the "Active Item Frame" that the color was lost when restoring an fcl.
Yes. It is a bug in the FCL writer code. (So the FCL files have been created without that colour in them.)

Reply #7623
@musicmusic , hey there =)
A small question/issue:
- I have a panel with some STATE_1.
- I'm changing it to STATE_2.
- Then enable `live-editing` mode and copy-paste this panel.
The problem is that the copied panel has STATE_1 instead of STATE_2.

Is there some sort of CUI API that I've not implemented that's causing this? Or is it by design?

Panel's state is saved only when `uie::window::get_config` is called (which AFAIK triggered only on fb2k exit). But CUI's `copy` gets the state via `uie::window::set_config`, which results in reading the old state, since the new one was not saved yet.

Reply #7624
Hmm, that may be a bug in Columns UI. What should happen is that Columns UI asks the splitter for the child panel, and the splitter calls uie::window::get_config() at that point. Looks like that last part may not be happening. Let me have a proper look...