Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Request: Sorted playlists (Read 5663 times) previous topic - next topic

Request: Sorted playlists

I cant sort playlist the way that I like (drag & drop), neither in classic default UI neither panels UI. Seriously, noone noticed lack of this till now?

Reply #1
Seriously, noone noticed lack of this till now?

I guess the people are satisfied with using Ctrl Shift Up and Ctrl Shift Down

Reply #2
You can certainly reorder playlist items in the default (please don't call it "classic") user interface.

Just select the items which you would like to reorder and use drag and drop.

Reply #3
You can certainly reorder playlist items in the default (please don't call it "classic") user interface.

Just select the items which you would like to reorder and use drag and drop.

Time consuming if you have playlist with 30+ tracks o.0 There are 3 fast ways to play playlist:
1.by random
2.whole albums
3.by order
I prefer the latter.

Reply #4
Why not have a column built specifically to sort based on whatever criteria you use? (You can use the "Sort by..." option as well.)

BTW, as Frank mentioned, Drag and Drop IS supported in the DUI; does it not satisfy your requirements?

Reply #5
Why not have a column built specifically to sort based on whatever criteria you use? (You can use the "Sort by..." option as well.)

BTW, as Frank mentioned, Drag and Drop IS supported in the DUI; does it not satisfy your requirements?

Nope, cause whenever I click sort by artist or whatever, all moving and shaking is lost. But maybe I can live with that, as long as I wont change sort

Reply #6
Nope, cause whenever I click sort by artist or whatever, all moving and shaking is lost. But maybe I can live with that, as long as I wont change sort

So when you manually rearrange files, are you using some fixed criteria (looking at rating etc), or simply reordering based on your whims? If it's the first, you can use the method i've talked about.

Reply #7

So when you manually rearrange files, are you using some fixed criteria (looking at rating etc), or simply reordering based on your whims? If it's the first, you can use the method i've talked about.

No, its completly subjective. Its music, not mathematical equations

Reply #8
No, its completly subjective. Its music, not mathematical equations

Now i'm confused. Drag and Drop is implemented (which is what you originally asked for), so are keyboard shortcuts to do those moving in a much more efficient manner.

What do you want implemented to improve the current behavior?

Reply #9
I think he wants to be able to sort the playlists by something (eg. random) and then can turn back to his "subjective sort".
so their are some possibilities:
-use multiple playlists
-save your playlist
-use undo (ctrl-z)
-somehow add an tag to all files with the list-number and then sort by that tag

Reply #11
tagging: (you need the masstagger component for this)
-select files
-tagging/manage scripts
-add action: format value from other fields...
-dest field: SORTNUMBER (or what you prefer) -pattern: %list_index%
-run (you can save it and then later tag the files with one click)

sorting:
sort by %SORTNUMBER%